Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Pricing question and where's everyone from?

Hey people what's up? My name is Joel and I'm from Jamaica. My 1st mmo was wow. Hoping that this game totally destroys it as its very aged now. Looking to dump as much time as possible into this game. Any idea of a price point for launch? Since its sub based don't you guys think 30 for base game plus a months time is fair?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Hello, welcome to the cult  >:) , This Game Will Indeed Destroy many games or take away a chunk of their populations. The prices will vary i will link you a url for pricing
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/shop/ 

for $75 usd

Wayfarer Pre-Order Pack

What you'll get:

Our Wayfarer Pre-Order Pack allows access to our Beta 2 testing phase! This Pre-Order Pack includes (in total);

• Access to Beta 2
    • 2 months of game time ($30 Value)
    • $25 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
    • Shroud of the Fallen
    for $150 usd

Our Expeditionary Pre-Order Pack allows access to our first Beta testing phase! This Pre-Order Pack includes (in total);
    • Access to Beta 1
    • Access to Beta 2
    • 4 months of game time ($60 Value)
    • $50 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
    • Shroud of the Fallen!
    • Wrath’s Harbinger Pet!
      for $250 usd

Our Voyager Pre-Order Pack allows access to our persistent server Alpha 2 test! This Pre-Order Pack includes (in total);
    • Access to Alpha 2
    • Access to Beta 1
    • Access to Beta 2
    • 6 months of game time ($90 Value)
    • $100 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
    • Noble Warhorn Mount!
    • Shroud of the Fallen!
    • Wrath’s Harbinger Pet!
     for $375 usd

• Our Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack allows access to our persistent server Alpha 2 test! This Pre-Order Pack includes (in total);
      • Access to Alpha 2
      • Access to Beta 1
      • Access to Beta 2
      • 9 months of game time ($135 value)
      • $125 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
      • The Wind’s Veil Ship Skin!
      • Hunter’s Dwelling Freehold Skin!
      • Wrath’s Legacy Costume!
      • Shroud of the Fallen!
      • Wrath’s Harbinger Pet!
      • Noble Warhorn Mount!
      • Name Reservation!
      i believe all also say this   "In addition to the cosmetic items granted with the Voyager Pre-Order Pack at the time of purchase, you will also be entitled to purchase future monthly cosmetics as add-ons for the Voyager Level Pre-Order Pack and below. Pre-Order Pack cosmetics are only available during the month they are featured, and will never be available again for purchase. In order to own a Pre-Order Pack’s cosmetics, you must either purchase the Pre-Order Pack during the month that the cosmetic is featured or have purchased that level pack or higher in a previous month in order to buy the cosmetic as an add-on. Kickstarter and Summer Backers will always be able to purchase Pre-Order Pack cosmetics as add-ons."

• Options
    notice i put USD, as united states dollar. i am unsure what your rates will be. But feel free to check out the website URL to their shop. For Launch i am unsure what it will be. but it is fair to say it will relate to other titles, maybe $60 usd. or can also start off at $30 usd
  • Options
    Ok. i read in someones discord game will be free? just pay for subscription? then dd on or expansions i should say will be the ones that cost $$
  • Options
    ye, so free but 15 monthly.
  • Options
    Greetings from Oceania and welcome to Ashes of Creation!!!
  • Options
    Welcome to the community Ifearone :)@GEEZYPEE seems to have given you all the pricing and info on the packs up above. You can also find info here https://www.ashesofcreation.com/shop/

• Options
    think they are asking on how much will it cost after it releases. im unsure but i read off a content creators discord that is is free, just pay subscription, and also somewhere that it will be free and so will expansions. just pay the monthly game time. @SweetLavender
  • Options
    GEEZYPEE said:
    think they are asking on how much will it cost after it releases. im unsure but i read off a content creators discord that is is free, just pay subscription, and also somewhere that it will be free and so will expansions. just pay the monthly game time. @SweetLavender

Ahh ok. Yes it won't be b2p with a one time payment but will be subscription based with a $15 monthly payment. I don't think you'll have to pay for expansions. 

• Options
    edited September 2018

My question from a recent livestream.
    [1:02:38] Q: Other subscription model games have promised things like no future charge for dlc. Ashes has also done so. Will you commit to no dodgy wordsmithing in the future to try and milk the playerbase for more money by going around the intent of such statements in the future. For example, "We said we would never charge you for dlc and updates, but we consider this an "expansion", so give us $60." One of the things that has been great about development so far is that we have had almost no such instances and it would turn a significant portion of the dedicated base nasty if such were to occur.
    • A: No, we do not intend to wordsmith around future charge for dlc content as subscription model. That is part of agreement between us as a studio and you guys. That there will be regularly scheduled updates and chapters that subscription is what lets you access that content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmionSoHtak

• Options
     UnknownSystemError said:

My question from a recent livestream.
    [1:02:38] Q: Other subscription model games have promised things like no future charge for dlc. Ashes has also done so. Will you commit to no dodgy wordsmithing in the future to try and milk the playerbase for more money by going around the intent of such statements in the future. For example, "We said we would never charge you for dlc and updates, but we consider this an "expansion", so give us $60." One of the things that has been great about development so far is that we have had almost no such instances and it would turn a significant portion of the dedicated base nasty if such were to occur.
    • A: No, we do not intend to wordsmith around future charge for dlc content as subscription model. That is part of agreement between us as a studio and you guys. That there will be regularly scheduled updates and chapters that subscription is what lets you access that content.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmionSoHtak

So in light to your question here UnknownsystemError. How does a customer just coming on the scene avoid future cost for any expanded DLC?
  • Options
    JCPGAMING said:

So in light to your question here UnknownsystemError. How does a customer just coming on the scene avoid future cost for any expanded DLC?
    So maybe it wasn't clear. The game costs nothing. Zero-Ziltch-Nada. Coming into the game will also cost you no more than that. What does cost is the monthly sub, which as of right now sits at $15 USD. (conversion rates may vary). The testing packages and cosmetics before launch, and cosmetics after launch are purely optional. You don't have to buy them unless you want to gain access to what is a true testing platform, not an "early release" piece of shit that is never improved upon that Steam has introduced the community to over the last few years and made acceptable to some. Down the line (plan stated is smaller monthly with larger quarterly) updates to the game will be free. There will be no added cost. My question was to lock them down on the bullshit that Zenimax/Bethesda have pulled with ESO where DLC are part of your subscription, but every 4-6 months they release an "expansion" that is marginally larger than their dlc additions and charge you a fee on top of it. "Well, it isn't a dlc, its an expansion!" So in answer to your question. They avoid it because there is no added cost coming into the game at a later date.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    UnknownSystemError  is a reliable source for all info Ashes of Creation has given us.  
    So far Intrepid Studios and Steven have not mislead us on anything. Many people have bought into the testing.   This is actual testing as stated NOT early access.    

Oh. you will find gamers here from all over the world!  
  • Options
    Welcome @ifearone !
  • Options
    Hey @Ifearone and welcome to the community. I doubt this game will kill WoW but I do hope it kills any doubts you have about being the game for you.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    As stated, the game wont be released until sometime before 2020 at which point the only cost is $15 US/month.
    A cash shop has optional cosmetics in the true sense of the word. They offer no functional ability and act as skins for items received by playing content.
    Nor will all the best cosmetics only be found in the cash shop, but in game too.
  • Options
    Welcome to Ashes!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. That's very interesting though. No B2P just 15 a month. That's pretty awesome. Hopefully my GTX 970 can play the game well enough 
  • Options
    Welcome to Ashes
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    So far Intrepid Studios and Steven have not mislead us on anything.
    Hmmmmm 🤔

Welcome to Ashes!! 
  • Options
    Hmmmmm 🤔

Welcome to Ashes!! 
    I mean things have changed with the development of ashes but he has let us know when things changed
  • Options
    For example, today Steven confirmed that the new servers based on Amazon Web Services are now online, and that the "timeslots" for stress testing will now be all 10k people at the same time since they now have the servers to do so. Did he say they were talking with google back in May 2017? Sure, but shit happens.
  • Options
    Hmmmmm 🤔

Welcome to Ashes!! 
    Considering their plans and presentation of those plans for such a complex game,  I don't believe deviating from the path to get to the ultimate goal can be misleading as long as the goal we have been given has not changed.   
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Hmmmmm 🤔

Welcome to Ashes!! 
    I mean things have changed with the development of ashes but he has let us know when things changed
    Or leaked first 😉
  • Options
    Welcome @ifearone

• Options
    edited November 2018
    it says "2 months of game time ($30 Value)" ?
    The question:
    What does 
    game time mean? E.x. I started playing in 01.01.2020
    but I play only 12hours per week. Will game time ends at 01.03.2020 or only then my game time 30days*2*24hours = 1440hours ends?
  • Options
    @Ser-volk The monthly sub is $15. For example since the latest information we have is the game will live launch before 2020, lets say they kick it for the non-headstart people for Jan 1st 2020. Your sub will run for two months from that date, assuming you start the very first second you can get in. Your sub-time will end two months later, and you will need to buy another months worth of sub-time. Most likely on March 1st 2020 to not have any access downtime. The sub does not count how many hours you play, but ticks down from time of activation. Good news is that sub time is not applied during testing, it only counts for live launch. Since all testing servers will be wiped multiple times during testing, and a final time before live launch, really doesn't matter, you don't get to keep anything from testing anyways.
  • Options
    @Ser-volk The monthly sub is $15. For example since the latest information we have is the game will live launch before 2020, ....
    thanks a lot
  • Options