Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What archtype is mostly your main character when playing mmorpg

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Think you're missing Priest and Rogue...
    I tend to lean Mage but have Raided both Mage characters and Tank characters. I may go bard this time around.
  • as @Shoklen said, you're kind of missing the other primary classes?

I mainly lean more towards ranged classes because I prefer supporting the party from a distance. I do enjoy melee sometimes too :)
  • I play tanks most of the time (and this game will be no different) though I do mix it up a bit.
  • Gah - I am so perpetually poll challenged.  Poll needs a Spellsword option.

I'm inevitably a hybrid character even if it's done by taking unusual equipment and extended traits when only narrow archetype classes are available.  For me it's endlessly entertaining defeating encounters or other players by means the FOM crowd deems unworkable or impossible - and even making it look easy.
  • Hmmm, none of the above.  Sounds pretty boring with only 2 listed.
  • You missed a lot but as I use magic as a summoner I will say mage 
  • I usually main tank or warriors, so I SHOULD choose fighter, but your poll is garbage, so fuck you :P
  • I usually main tank or warriors, so I SHOULD choose fighter, but your poll is garbage, so fuck you :P
    I know its a bad poll but wow you hold no punches ^^
  • nagash said:
    I usually main tank or warriors, so I SHOULD choose fighter, but your poll is garbage, so fuck you :P
    It is the same way I play PVP lol, no mercy until one of us is dead :D
  • Fighter type in every MMO I play. 
  • I've played everything from healers in FFXI, Warhammer and WoW, Tank in WoW, Warhammer and Conan and DPS in WoW and FFXIV

So I don't really have a main archetype 
  • I think I've mentioned this already - but I really like my axe. <3
    edited September 2018
    I usually main tank or warriors, so I SHOULD choose fighter, but your poll is garbage, so fuck you :P
    It's unfortunate that your vocabulary is so limited.  
  • Seems pretty close to this recent post mate: https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/32308/which-class-will-be-your-main/p1

Unless you're trying to see the population balance between those two very specific archetypes? :/
    edited September 2018

edited September 2018

edited September 2018

• I tend to lean towards playing a healer or a archetype that can change the tide in battle.  So I chose mage since that would technically fall under the 'caster' archetype.  Very interested in trying the summoner classes in this game, the subclass names really get my gears spinning on what they have in store for us.
  • nagash said:
    It is the same way I play PVP lol, no mercy until one of us is dead :D
    Well that would be awkward if we thought ^^
  • CC based class. Tanky preferably.
  • This poll would have mode more sense if the options were melee/ranged or some other roll based options.
  • With only two options in the poll, Mage if I had to pick between the two options. I have enjoyed both in past mmos.
    The classes I never got into much in past mmos, were the Rangers, Druids and Necromancers. They are cool, no doubt, just not my playstyle.
  • Mine was unlisted.
    Pet user. Tamer, Summoner, ect.
  • My picture and quote says it all
  • My picture and quote says it all
    Seems about right ^^
    edited September 2018
    So, we are allowed to drop eff-bombs on this forum and even direct them at other posters?  Who knew?

What else can we post?  Nude pictures?  BOTD incoming?

Post date is September16th so I assume the moderators saw and approved?

Wow.....
  • Crymoar said:
    So, we are allowed to drop eff-bombs on this forum and even direct them at other posters?  Who knew?

Wow.....
    Dont worry about people like that mate.
    He had a hard time reading and comprehenting the title of the poll so he let his frustration overcome him.
  • Crymoar said:

Wow.....
    We have been missing out then
  • Mostly mage or assassin
  • Hybrids - monk-friar(mostly -but they quite rare esp. with good balanced design), shaman, druid, paladin, reaver etc.