Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What's your target resolution for playing Ashes?

Just curious what the resolution people will be playing the game at, or hope to be playing the game at.
I hope to get to 4k over the next few months. Monitors are finally starting to drop in price a little. Hopefully there are no engine restrictions. My current monitor isn't even 1080p, it's 1050 and no hdmi port. I must have picked this thing up in '06 or '07. /sad

Comments

• I will have to look into upgrading.  This game is going to be worth it. 
  • 4K of course or else I wasted a lot of money xD 
  • I'm in the "640K ought to be enough for anybody" camp. My eyesight couldn't do much with 4k+ that 1080 doesn't give me.
  • I'll probably end up running 4k unless I'm being throttled by something or performance suffers because of it. 
  • with the amount of minions im going to have I need performances overlooks ^^
  • That brings up a really good point. If pvp is truly going to be massive, it may bring 4k to it's knees. One could switch back and forth, but it might be a pain. Hum... Something for me to ponder.
  • 4k is supported ?  recall from a livestream about 4k . unsure if they're were any updates on that.

Ironically, i do not have a timestamp for this - but I'm it was definitely mentioned in an older livestream >.<
  • 5760 x1080, currently works fine with other UE4 games
  • The better the better, no ? I mean if I could afford it...
  • Full HD for now. I'm more likely to spend on a new rig (mine's 5 years old now) than screens. Screens I might upgrade at the end of next year.
  • I switched to 1440p monitors about a year ago and they've been great for me, so I intend to continue running everything at that resolution. I just hope the UI will be scalable. My eyesight isn't great, and I have to turn the size up in most games.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Eragale said:
    4k is supported ?  recall from a livestream about 4k . unsure if they're were any updates on that.

Ironically, i do not have a timestamp for this - but I'm it was definitely mentioned in an older livestream >.<
    That would be awesome if we could find the index on that live stream; but that could be a lot of digging! So no worries if you can't find it. I couldn't tell by your response, but it sounded like 4k (at the time of that stream) wasn't supported?
    Full HD for now. I'm more likely to spend on a new rig (mine's 5 years old now) than screens. Screens I might upgrade at the end of next year.
    I hear yeah. My desktop is an i5-3570 Ivy Bridge and a GF760 Video card, and a monitor from '06~'07.. These new video cards, processors, the new NVMe drives.. *Drool*
  • I'll probably stick withmy 1440p. I don't think I'll find a 4k monitor that fits my needs even a while after release.
  • I might be upgrading soon though.
  • I'm thinking Full HD but at a high refresh
  • 2560x1080 I love my 21:9 aspect ratio and it is amazing in MMOs as well.
  • 4k if all goes well
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    3440x1440 @120htz
    LOVE my 21:9 aspect
  • @Pooka thinks he will play on 800x800.
  • Playing this at 1440 on 34 inch wide screen will be absolutely amazing and beautiful.
  • 1440 perfecto
  • 5760x1080

Get rekt, nerds!
  • For best performance
  • That would be 5760x1080