Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Animal interactions

Alot of games have animals acting unnatural for no apparent reason. Some do by saying they're under control and such. 

However watching Shy deer just stand around while a bloody battle is going on 10 feet away... Predatory animals that only kill for food running around attacking everything human even though most shy away from us.

I personally try not to kill in game wolves, it just isn't right to me even if it is just pixels and programming. 

Comments

• Alot of games have animals acting unnatural for no apparent reason. Some do by saying they're under control and such. 

However watching Shy deer just stand around while a bloody battle is going on 10 feet away... Predatory animals that only kill for food running around attacking everything human even though most shy away from us.

I personally try not to kill in game wolves, it just isn't right to me even if it is just pixels and programming. 
    I mean I kill everything but I can see your point I do want verra to feel "alive"
  • nagash said:
    I mean I kill everything but I can see your point I do want verra to feel "alive"
    Says the undead bag of bones!
  • OP, you can interact with me whenever you want. So can you, Nagash. Nobody else, for now. Hue Hue
  • nagash said:
    Alot of games have animals acting unnatural for no apparent reason. Some do by saying they're under control and such. 

Oh the irony...the undead guy with questionable morals wants the world to feel 'alive'
  • nagash said:

Oh the irony...the undead guy with questionable morals wants the world to feel 'alive'
    I mean a dead game is no game at all
  • Alot of games have animals acting unnatural for no apparent reason. Some do by saying they're under control and such. 

Given the chance a deer would kill you and your entire family
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:

Heh unless it's a game full of the dead
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:

Heh unless it's a game full of the dead
    Tell me more
  • McCheese said:

Given the chance a deer would kill you and your entire family
    Man walks through the forest, path is easy. Uncluttered and clean. *rustle in the bushes* He jumps and spins to look, "Oh, just a deer eating leaves." He laughs to himself as he turns away. 

The deer raises her head, eye twinkles malavolently.....

The next day in town. Beard guy, "Hey did you hear? They found Ron."
    Mustache guy, "Oh really? What happened?"
    Beard Guy, "Seems someone shoved a spike or something through his back and out his ribcage."
    Mustache winces, "Owch. Did they catch the killar?"
    Beard Guy, "No man. Ya know what's odd? They say some deer must have walked by the body because there was a trail of bloody hoofprints on the trail."
    Mustache shakes his head.

Outside town, a lone deer stands on top of a hill munching grass able to see the two men talking. One leg covered in drying blood.