Details on the PVP system?
I have been following this game for a while now and am incredibly excited for alot of the mechanics they are introducing. The open world pvp system seems quite interesting but based on the information I have found, there seems to be a few glaring details that need to be flushed to make it enjoyable, specifically in the caravan system. I was just wondering if anyone has heard any information about how the plan to fix these. I put some info from the wiki below as a reference.
- A non-combatant (green player) who dies suffers normal penalties, which include:
- A combatant (purple player) who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
- A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at three or four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes:
- Will there be level ranges placed on who can guard and attack a caravan? This won't be as important at the early stages of launch but as more players get to max levels, it will crowd out new players from participating in the caravan system entirely. It will also be important to make sure that players above the level requirements get corruption stacks if they interfere and attack lower level caravans. Otherwise, since all participants in a caravan are considered combatants, there is literally no penalty for a high level player to simply walk in and mow everyone down for the hell of it. I know that most of us on this site are hardcore mmo players but it is incredibly important for the longevity of the game that new players are able to participate in key components like the caravan system at early levels.
- It mentions that a non-combatant becomes a combatant if they attack back. What constitutes attacking back? I feel like it would be fairly easy to accidently swing your weapon at an attacking player if they jump out at you while your attacking mobs or somethings. This could be easily fixed by just requiring the defending player to damage the attacker to a certain degree before they become a combatant.
- Currently the corruption system actually makes it beneficial for the defending player to become a combatant in order to keep more of their stuff. How do they intend to counter this? This is probably the biggest issue i have with the system right now. I don't know about you guys, but in the event that i know im going to die to player i would much rather keep more of my items and xp then let the guy get corrupted just for spite. So of course im going to attack him and make sure im combatant. The current system states that i will keep DOUBLE my xp and items if i simply let the guy get away with it which defeats the whole purpose of the system. Honestly im not sure how this one could be fixed.