Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Player Stores / Crafting requests

Hey I was just thinking if it would be a good idea for players to be able to create stores, or for players to make requests (like at a booth) where they can list the item they want made or reinforced, deposit the narierals and a tip if they are offering one, and then other players can complete their requests if they meet the required parameters.

This way you don't always need to find someone live, and players can make money fulfilling requests. 

It just seemed like a fun way to level professions, and or request difficult crafted items. 

Let me know what you think. 

Comments

• I'm actually against this system.

They introduced it to Archeage and it really takes all the personal interaction out of the game.

• Well, often it becomes hard to find a player with the levels that you require. So it just seems more convenient. But I get what you're saying. 
    Thanks for sharing. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    I like the idea of player funded taverns in a node. It also makes me think if niche skill characters are able to operate a shop with their items for sale using a permanent building in the node that could be used by any character that has dedicated enough skill points into their skill. Brewery is possibly a skill right? It could link with the tavern in the same way. Nodes could have shop limits too based on how developed it is
    edited September 2018
    For sure, you may take for ever and travel all over Verra to try and find a very rare item, processor or crafter. The question then becomes... 'how' and 'if' that process should be expedited.

Fast travel was removed because the journey 'is' the game. Bypassing the journey is bypassing the game. So I am not against items that help save you wasted time, but thats not the same things as removing the time required to achieve an endeavour.

But then again....is the failure time (wrong turns) not also part of the journey ? Is it not the failures that make the eventual success taste so sweet ?
  • Dont forget the option to let us steal from each other than, I mean you are not a merchant if you have not been robbed at least once.
  • I like the idea of some kind of local kiosk where you can get crafted items worked on in whatever ways they can be worked on. Things like having to search out proper crafters (which are not super busy or maybe unwilling), no fast travel, local only Trade, etc... sound fun in concept and are. They just get a little old after a year or two, depending on how the game actually plays out.

Some possible conveniences are not terrible ideas for seekers or for crafters looking for work.

edited October 2018
    Dont forget the option to let us steal from each other than, I mean you are not a merchant if you have not been robbed at least once.
    Only if I stand a good chance of detecting you and can then chop off a hand when you're caught stealing.   No healing that, you run around with 1 or no hands the rest of the game. ;)

Alternatively, let me carry trapped chests in my inventory that will one shot prospective thieves snooping in my pack.

• Draw me like one of your French girls
  • Wards, protection charms, curses that you can buy or have casted on your store or itmes to help prevent them from being stolen could be one way.
  • sunfrog said:
    Draw me like one of your French girls
    No u =p

Khaler said:
    Dont forget the option to let us steal from each other than, I mean you are not a merchant if you have not been robbed at least once.
    Only if I stand a good chance of detecting you and can then chop off a hand when you're caught stealing.   No healing that, you run around with 1 or no hands the rest of the game. ;)

Alternatively, let me carry trapped chests in my inventory that will one shot prospective thieves snooping in my pack.

Then thieves will just come as a group to beat you up until you hand over your things! x.X
  • sunfrog said:
    Draw me like one of your French girls
    No u =p

Khaler said:

Then thieves will just come as a group to beat you up until you hand over your things! x.X
    Time to get looting lads 
  • Just teleport the entire stock somewhere :3