Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Weather pathing

Hello! Welcome and thank you for visiting my post.

Heya, just curious if there will be weather pathing and storm generation/progression in ashes. An example of such would be a storm begins in a south eastern node and begins moving north west gaining in velocity, downfall, and adverse effects on the environment. 

I think if this is not already planned down the road that it would be a great addition to the game, perhaps even give certain classes the ability to use spells to calm the storms as they pass even to the point of dispelling the storms completely.  

Comments

• Options
    I think wether efecte like that would be amazing to see, but to give us spexl to chance wether would we crazy
  • Options
    It sounds a little like you're describing dynamic seasons. Whilst the weather will be dynamic I'm not sure it'll be that dynamic. Here's what we know. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Climate. Weather effects can be triggered - but I highly doubt by a player skill. Player Interaction? That's another matter.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Ooh that would actually be really cool though.. say a hurricane hits and it paths it’s way across the map... Issue is that it would either have to be faked through some pre-rendering magic or it would undoubtedly destroy performance.
  • Options
    This is really intriguing!
    It would add a lot of additional depth to nodes. I'm assuming storms/hurricanes and other phenomena could damage nodes as well. Many said they would like to go for coastal nodes with the added advantage of naval content. With the addition of storms there would be something to weigh against the naval advantage, like higher repair costs for the node which would result in higher taxes of course.
    It's a great idea, I hope Intrepid will explore that possibility!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Could you imagine calm waters vs tidal waves in a naval battle ?
    Could boats be overturned ?
    :tongue:
    Maelstroms, tornadoes, hardcore electrical storms, blizzards, floods..
  • Options
    Could you imagine calm waters vs tidal waves in a naval battle ?
    Could boats be overturned ?
    :tongue:
    Maelstroms, tornadoes, hardcore electrical storms, blizzards, floods..
    Imagine being cast away to desolate island with your only companion, a volleyball :O
    of course only until you unlock the node there, then you can rule over mermaids and fishmen^^
  • Options
    I'll give you a storm. A storm of magic so powerful you will want to stay inside a cave like @nagash
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I'll give you a storm. A storm of magic so powerful you will want to stay inside a cave like @nagash
    I think not