Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Of which node location do you plan to be a citizen of?

Just asking because I'm slightly worried that some locations may be more popular than others.

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately i can't choose 2 options but myself, I'm leaning towards underrealm or coastal Node.
  • Options
    More important then the location is the type for me. I want a divine node,
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    I hineshon haven't decided yet. But I'm drawn to a costal one because of my affinity to the sea.

Going to need to wait and see what we learn about Nodes in the near future.
  • Options
    I think the node type is important, but I will look first and foremost for accessibility, I want caravans to have as many routes in and out of the node as possible. Also centrally located, I want it to be near other nodes. Not in the corner of the map.
  • Options
    I would love to settle near Mountain or Under-realm node
  • Options
    Well im already six feet under so why not
  • Options
    Seem to have answered this so many time but here you go. :) 

As to the type of node, I am somewhat undecided need more information on what the perks will be first.
  • Options
    My choice of science node means mountains are the only logical choice as mines will be essential. 
  • Options
    I like the idea of being in the mountains, however which not I would end up selecting will have more to do with what type it is rather than where it is.
  • Options
    I have no particular preference however as i will be a Weaponsmith or Blacksmith i will erect my Freehold and become a citizen of a Node where metals are traded because not all nodes will have abundances of specific resources. I feel a mountain region may be more accustomed to metals but i will wait until i'm in game to get a feel for local economies.
  • Options
    I'm a Tulnar and i will build my freehold on top of a mountain. I have lived long enough deep in the ground. I will rise to the top of the World!
  • Options
    I'm not very picky but i kind of like the idea of being on the coast where i have easy access to boating.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    As resources will be very important in this game I'll take my bets on a node close to a mountain. It'll give me access to metal while not having the trade and travel difficulties that will probably come with underrealm nodes. Not to mention it's beautiful to climb on top of mountains.
  • Options
    I intend to choose a node by type (Divine) and don't care where it is.
  • Options
    I chose island because it just sounds like a cool idea, but at the end of the day I have to say I like the idea of all of them equally. The node I have my citizenship in will be with my guild and at that point I could care less about the type because all of them will give me plenty of opportunities to kill NPCs and players :D
  • Options
    Ideally, I'd like a node location in a cold area where snow is more frequently. I don't care too much about the rest of it.
  • Options
    Can't say just yet but a node with as much snow as possible for me, or the underrealm.
  • Options
    Coastal sounds really good ;D
    Either coastal, island or under-realm nodes, because i want to be a pirate yarrrrr.
  • Options
    Isn't being citizen of an island node also a coastal node by default? 🤔
  • Options
    Dwarves and mountains go hand in hand.
  • Options
    Forest, Island, or Under-realm are cool with me but out them all forest for sure.
  • Options
    Depends if the node is in the middle of the island or on the coast does it not? :D 

• Options
    Damokles said:
    Depends if the node is in the middle of the island or on the coast does it not? :D 

@Damokles No not really.
    If the node is a really tiny island it could be in the middle of an island and have coast all around it ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @Augentier
    If the island is THAT small, then i dont think they will place a node there. 
    Maybe a level 1 node with its cap at level 1, 2 or 3^^, but i dont think that a level 4 node will fit on such an small island ;D
  • Options
    Augentier said:
    Damokles said:

@Damokles No not really.
    If the node is a really tiny island it could be in the middle of an island and have coast all around it ;-)
    If that were true then Iowa would be a coastal state since it has a "coast" in every direction if you go far enough
  • Options
    @whitedude31
    But Iowa isn't a tiny island.  :|

@Damokles
    What if a village stage would barely fit on that island. And beyond village the node needs tons of sand as recource because the island needs to be expanded.
    Or the buildings that don't fit on the island are built on water. Either floating or something like Venice.
  • Options
    Augentier said:
    @whitedude31
    But Iowa isn't a tiny island. 
    I was pretty sure we were salting our comments with some downs, maybe I was wrong and they really are stupid
  • Options
    @whitedude31
    Yeah you were right just messing around.
    But i always defend my stupid comments ;)
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    Augentier said:
    @Damokles
    What if a village stage would barely fit on that island. And beyond village the node needs tons of sand as recource because the island needs to be expanded.
    Or the buildings that don't fit on the island are built on water. Either floating or something like Venice.
    They already said that some nodes wont be able to progress into specific node levels, if they are in the zone of influence of bigger nodes. And that would be a good mechanic for smaller islands, where they wont have enough space to develop themself. 
    IS could make it so that island nodes get bigger zones of influence, because they dont have as much land around them as normal nodes would have. (They could encompass more smaller islands under the influence of a bigger island)

I also demand that we name one node Tortuga, which will be a pirate haven yarrrrr!