Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Corpse runs

when you die do u have to run to your corpse

Comments

• Options
    So far no. There are set respawn points if you die while flagged green or purple. They are meant to be spaced far enough that people can't corpse camp by killing you repeatedly on a spawn point without severe penalties. When you die in pvp you will drop a percentage of gathered/processed materials carried. % depends on your flagging "color" at that time. Those that die while "red" are respawned at a random point, not nearest. They have yet to clarity whether that random respawn is node specific, or world map random. The only time you ever drop gear is while dying corrupted "red," thus no reason to run back to your corpse.
  • Options
    I have so many questions 
  • Options
    i hated the corpse runs. maybe its because im lazy

• Options
    Con of a corpse run: You gotta walk hella far and it is a huge time sink. 

Pro of the corpse run: You start back roughly where you left.

Con: Sometimes that is bad.

Pro: ... grey spirit world can be wandered about in?? I guess?

Con: People can generally camp your body.

Pro: ...
  • Options
    There is no "grey spirit world" that has been shown so far. You die, and pop back at the respawn point. If you chose to corpse run, it would be as a fleshie, not a ghost. You don't have to go back to your body if you are worried about being camped, unless you were red you haven't dropped anything but materials (which were loot for the person that killed you, so they aren't going to be there anyways)
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I have so many questions 
    You just want the corpse...
  • Options
    I was asking about corpse runs because i have one idea that i have not seen and believe would be interesting, That is that when you die as you run to your corpse you gain experience for this spectre environment, as your experience increases you start developing skills applicable to this spectre world if you develop these skills you can survice longer in this realm and at one point you can switch between realms at whim using spectre or living world skills in either realm, imagine your surprise as you do your first corpse run when you realise there is another realm that will open up to you over time,
  • Options
    @bomber23aus  Not gonna lie, that’s pretty freaking cool idea. Since this game has pretty formulated lore already, I doubt it will happen here, but I would love to see something like that somewhere.

The boundaries between life and death blurring to where dying becomes an actual part of your kit... It sounds like a great concept for a game I would totally play while cooling down from bouts of Ashes xd
  • Options
    I was asking about corpse runs because i have one idea that i have not seen and believe would be interesting, That is that when you die as you run to your corpse you gain experience for this spectre environment, as your experience increases you start developing skills applicable to this spectre world if you develop these skills you can survice longer in this realm and at one point you can switch between realms at whim using spectre or living world skills in either realm, imagine your surprise as you do your first corpse run when you realise there is another realm that will open up to you over time,
    I really like this idea
  • Options
    Have a look at 'Chronicles of Elyria' - also pre-Alpha stage. There, you can 'Spirit Walk' back to your body. And you can have heirs who can inherit your traits/genes to some extent. I'm quite involved in it whilst waiting for AoC, myself.
  • Options
    Interesting newly arrived...must be related to @nagash
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    oh come one. not everyone who talks about the dead is related to me ^^
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    nagash said:
    Sintu said:
    oh come one. not everyone who talks about the dead is related to me ^^
    I don’t know...this seems like a strong candidate for at least a cousin. 😀
  • Options
    Corpse runs are just a nuisance. Armor decay and experience loss is plenty big of a penalty.
  • Options
    Also not gonna lie...I have always been kinda hoping for the day a MMO comes out with corporeal and aetherial realms equally driving the story (before CoE came forward with their Pay2live game and kicked me in the nuts.....hard). Not so much corpse runs though. :tongue: