Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

hunter/beastmaster class

can anyone give me a rundown of how this class will function, do we get a set selection of pets or are we going to be able to go out into the world and catch and tame any beast at will? ty :) 

Comments

• Options
    Exact details are unknown at this time.
    That said I hope it works like SWG's Creature Handler where you had to find baby versions of creatures out in the wild, tame them, and raise them to adult over time. Some of this development team worked on SWG, so I hope there is some carry-over influences.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Shoklen said:
    Exact details are unknown at this time.
    That said I hope it works like SWG's Creature Handler where you had to find baby versions of creatures out in the wild, tame them, and raise them to adult over time. Some of this development team worked on SWG, so I hope there is some carry-over influences.
    that sounds like a great idea! i hope they do go for some sort of system like that where an actual bond forms between the player and the pet as opposed to just some disposable npc :) i trust they'll do a good job and thanks for the info :)
  • Options
    Here is a little bit of older stuff to tease you

And then you can go here: https://aocwiki.net/Ranger

For more on the base class of Ranger and break downs of the abilities and stuff

Your 8 classes will be

Beyond that we have very little information.  

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Jahlon said:
    Here is a little bit of older stuff to tease you

And then you can go here: https://aocwiki.net/Ranger

For more on the base class of Ranger and break downs of the abilities and stuff

Your 8 classes will be

Beyond that we have very little information.  

gotcha, thanks for the info :) do you think there will be a combination of ranger and tamer/beastmaster? EDIT: nvm just looked and there is such a class :D
  • Options
    From my understanding is that if you go Summoner + Ranger you get Beastmaster. Essentially you're still just a summoner but depending on your subclass it determines your abilities. So they will be beast and nature themed now. And if you go Summoner + Cleric = Necromancer (weird that a cleric makes it a necromancer?) but now your summons and abilities will be undead giving you some type of healing and lifesteal I'm guessing too. 
  • Options
    From my understanding is that if you go Summoner + Ranger you get Beastmaster. Essentially you're still just a summoner but depending on your subclass it determines your abilities. So they will be beast and nature themed now. And if you go Summoner + Cleric = Necromancer (weird that a cleric makes it a necromancer?) but now your summons and abilities will be undead giving you some type of healing and lifesteal I'm guessing too. 
    oh okay that's pretty cool.
  • Options
    Not much info right now on any of the classes really, well you will definitely be more 'intimate' with animals ;)
  • Options
    Not much info right now on any of the classes really, well you will definitely be more 'intimate' with animals ;)
    i think we may have different ideas on what 'intimate' means  :D 
  • Options
    blunote said:
    Gives a new meaning to Cowboy.
  • Options
    this could fuel a lifelong stereotype against summoner's. better delete the post before it's too late.  :#
  • Options
    Atama said:
    blunote said:
    Gives a new meaning to Cowboy.
    ... or Nerfherder... :smile:

• Options
    From what I heard secondary clerics are primarily going to only be able to self heal. So necromancer style unholy life-stealing fits that thematically pretty well. We'll have to wait and see what the final result is. But yeah, summoning plus a hint of the power of life/death is pretty in line with necromancer imo.