Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Monthly Package?

Hello!

When will be October's Monthly Packages available on the Store? We are still showing September's

Sarthas

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to Ashes! :)

not 100% sure on this, but I think last months cosmetics changed around the 15th
    maybe give it another week. If the info is already out, I haven't read that yet.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, the last change was around Sept 20th or 21st... yeah give it another week or two. :smile:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    do you guys think we'll get spooky themed or they are going to be more race inspired like the last few months?

I mean there is still many months until release to show races, but halloween is only once a year.
  • Options
    It would be interesting.. But I'm not sure what flavor holidays and seasonal events will take within the game proper, which would reflect how the cosmetics would look. The safe way to do it would be to have an undead cosmetic package this month, or something similar.
  • Options
    I'm counting on the 16th. They fell behind and now the timing is messed up because if they fix it that means some items will only be out for two weeks. It's a valuable lesson learned about sticking to a schedule.

They don't usually do holidays but I kind of wish they would. I played a game once where they celebrated different holidays around the world. They would celebrate Chinese holiday one day, then Arabic holiday next, then something in Ireland, etc... It was pretty cool learning all about the different holidays and celebrating with your online friends.

I think Nov 11 should be a holiday here in the US. 11.11 day is SIngle's Day in China where they celebrate being single. It's like Valentine's without a partner.
  • Options
    Santy182 said:
    do you guys think we'll get spooky themed or they are going to be more race inspired like the last few months?

I mean there is still many months until release to show races, but halloween is only once a year.
    They bloody well better be or im going to have words!
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I'm counting on the 16th. They fell behind and now the timing is messed up because if they fix it that means some items will only be out for two weeks. It's a valuable lesson learned about sticking to a schedule.

They don't usually do holidays but I kind of wish they would. I played a game once where they celebrated different holidays around the world. They would celebrate Chinese holiday one day, then Arabic holiday next, then something in Ireland, etc... It was pretty cool learning all about the different holidays and celebrating with your online friends.

I think Nov 11 should be a holiday here in the US. 11.11 day is SIngle's Day in China where they celebrate being single. It's like Valentine's without a partner.
    Well last year we had this necromancer stuff first which fit the whole 'winter theme' I suppose and wasn't the February cosmetics valentine themed ? I hope we get something dark-ish in nature.
  • Options
    I wish they would have stuck with the original schedule of changing on the 2nd of the month.  Also I would love to see some holiday related themes besides the racial ones.  I am also hoping that some of the racial stuff they have shown so far can fit a different race.
  • Options
    Oh! I forgot about Stuffington Bear! @AutumnLeaf
    How about a necromancer apocarthy building @nagash
  • Options
    I want my witch skins for mage class NOW!
  • Options
    I'm curious on a few things.

1. Does anyone have previous skins and what they looked like.
    2. Has there been any sales on these packages like 25% off or 50% off?
    3. Are the packages the same prices every time?
    4. Are there any other packages I'm not aware of or just the pre-order ones?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

1. I believe there is a picture gallery of past sets online, someplace, I believe the Wiki. I was told such myself, but have yet to find it.
    2. No sale prices. (people would flip their gourd if a sale happened)
    3. Each month has been the same cost for the same packs.
    4. There were and there weren't. There are these.. and there were also kickstarter packs and summer backer packs that are no longer offered, and sounds like they never will be again.
  • Options
    Shoklen said:

1. I believe there is a picture gallery of past sets online, someplace, I believe the Wiki. I was told such myself, but have yet to find it.
    4. There were and there weren't. There are these.. and there were also kickstarter packs and summer backer packs that are no longer offered, and sounds like they never will be again.
    I'm assuming these packages are what's going to be in the cosmetic store? wearable skins for your character, pets, alternative item skins etc. It all seems really expensive. Sure you get monthly play time and cash for the cosmetic shop...but at $375 there's only a combined $260 in physical value there. So those items and skins equate to $115? Skins are pretty expensive then? I'm honestly fine with that but I'm wondering if you were to buy skins/pets etc. is this an indication of the price of them, or does the inflated price measure into the fact that you're getting alpha access?
  • Options
    1. No one has actually seen what cosmetics will look like, everything released so far has been concept art. For example, the Stuffingtons mount has been guaranteed by Steven to not look "too cartoony" on release. Limited cosmetics will be released during testing phases to make sure things like applying the skins, dyeing, and removal/reapplication work. The full range of cosmetics will not be available until just before launch.

2. There have been no sales and since a vast majority of the cosmetics are exclusive, one-time only offers, you won't see them coming back as sale items.

3. The packages in the store are what is currently available. The cosmetics change every month, but the price point stays generally the same. As the testing phases advance and they close out those testing phases, the packages will remain, but their price point will be adjusted and further benefits may be added or removed. The $500 price point package had the price dropped to $375 for example once A1 testing was closed.

4. The only packages that should concern you are the ones currently on offer in the store. If you were not a KS/Summer/Pax backer, then those options or upgrading them are not available to you. What you see it what you get.

• Options
    Shoklen said:

I'm assuming these packages are what's going to be in the cosmetic store? wearable skins for your character, pets, alternative item skins etc. It all seems really expensive. Sure you get monthly play time and cash for the cosmetic shop...but at $375 there's only a combined $260 in physical value there. So those items and skins equate to $115? Skins are pretty expensive then? I'm honestly fine with that but I'm wondering if you were to buy skins/pets etc. is this an indication of the price of them, or does the inflated price measure into the fact that you're getting alpha access?
    It's a good question. All the cosmetics in these packs are meant to be exclusive and never offered again... outside if you buy a pack, you can buy the cosmetics of that same packs level, or less, of following months packs as 'add ons'... but nothing before you bought your pack.. Clear as mud? hah. I have the feeling though.. and knowing how much work modeling in 3d takes, especially a suit of armor.. we will see these in game or on the marketplace store at some point. Not an identical item mind you but perhaps reskin or something with minor modifications.
    The way I'd look at the packs...
    Included game time in months x $15 for each month + $15 for each month of Alpha/Beta included up till release (before 2020, so we will say worst case 1st of 2020) + store cash.. Remaining price is the cost of the cosmetics.
    So in my logic.. 9 months = $135 + Alpha 2/Beta at roughly 6 months $90 + marketplace credits $125 = $350 of $375
    I know paying for alpha 2 and Beta in months is kind of cheating, but to me it is still game time and entertainment, even if it is testing.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Oh! I forgot about Stuffington Bear! @AutumnLeaf
    How about a necromancer apocarthy building @nagash
    Already have one ^^

• Options
    McKnightrider said:

$135 for Game Time
    $125 for Embers
    does in fact give you $260 for "physical value"

You also get:
    $115 in Cosmetics (there are 6 in the $375 pack and the 6 individual cosmetics each month are 25/25/25/20/15/5)

Access to Alpha 1, Beta 1 and Beta 2

Name Reservation 

Ability to Purchase any cosmetics as individual purchases from your purchase date forward

• Options
    edited October 2018
    So if you purchased a package you'd have access to purchase any exclusive skin that's no longer available because you purchased the package once?
  • Options
    no.
    future different skins that become available on your package tier or lower.

Gone skins are gone forever.
  • Options
    Santy182 said:
    no.

Exactly. Reason why I bought last month not to miss the new ones. 
  • Options
    Sarthas said:
    Santy182 said: 
    no.

And that's the entire concept of exclusive 1 time sales. If you have dosing for sale and your 50/50 on it you may not buy it, but the moment you say it's a limited skin that'll never be available ever again, now all of a sudden you risk missing out. I played a MOBA called smite. It was free to play and their income were cosmetic skins they rolled it every week it's an effective method to make the best skins limited with a never too return tag. Hopefully with AoC they only release full armor skins once a month and don't over saturate the game with them. You'd also keep them more valuable that way too.
  • Options
    Sarthas said:
    Santy182 said: 
    no.

And that's the entire concept of exclusive 1 time sales. If you have dosing for sale and your 50/50 on it you may not buy it, but the moment you say it's a limited skin that'll never be available ever again, now all of a sudden you risk missing out. I played a MOBA called smite. It was free to play and their income were cosmetic skins they rolled it every week it's an effective method to make the best skins limited with a never too return tag. Hopefully with AoC they only release full armor skins once a month and don't over saturate the game with them. You'd also keep them more valuable that way too.
    I agree 100%. People will be offering us thousands $ for our accounts with our skins. Answer: Eh.... Nope! >_<
  • Options
    I think Under world costumes for both toons and pets/mounts.  Obviously not to actually look like underworld creatures or Tulnar but of the horrors that we are told about as infants to keep us from venturing into the underworld.......
  • Options
    I think Under world costumes for both toons and pets/mounts.  Obviously not to actually look like underworld creatures or Tulnar but of the horrors that we are told about as infants to keep us from venturing into the underworld.......
    Hello ^^
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    if i buy t2 package for the current packages, will i still be able to upgrade it in next month packages? or will i need to buy the t3 package as a whole for the extra cosmetics? 
  • Options
    Juzy said:
    if i buy t2 package for the current packages, will i still be able to upgrade it in next month packages? or will i need to buy the t3 package as a whole for the extra cosmetics? 
    When you upgrade you just pay the difference between the two packages. What happens is that you will keep your original cosmetics from your t2 purchases, you will get that months t3 cosmetic from the month you upgrade in, and you will have the option to buy the lower cosmetics that would have been under your t2 availability as a la carte purchases. You don't get your original all up to t2 from the first month, then all the next month cosmetics by just upgrading to t3. You don't get previous months cosmetics either. So say you were thinking that once you upgrade you would get the original months t3 cosmetics cause you upgraded the next month or later, nope, don't work like that.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Hello ^^

@nagash costumes.........  Noone would ever sleep again.  Run away! Flee!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    nagash said:
    Hello ^^

@nagash costumes.........  Noone would ever sleep again.  Run away! Flee!
    Run run run as fast as you can  but you will never get away from the skeleton man

• Options
    10/15/2018 and still... something looks weird here...
  • Options
    Relax man More important stuff going on right now (Imminent Alpha 1). You will get a chance to spend your money soon.

Besides last shop swap was not on the 15th like you were told earlier it was done September 21st I believe they want to keep it a minimum of 30 days. I'd guess it'll be next monday. Maybe later