Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is your idea of YOUR ideal interface?

Many here have played many MMO's and tried several interfaces and games with customizable interfaces via add on's.   What have you found not to work for interfaces?    what interface was too complex, drowning you in data but caused too much time searching .... in short   what is that idea "sweet spot" that you found, irregardless of genre, worked for you?

Comments

• Options
    I find that many things on screen cause me to get overworked. I like simple structured interfaces. Like 1 button that has many relevant other buttons once clicked. Also I love icons that have a clear picture describing what it is. Makes life easier.. I hope they let us adjust the size and place where we can place them as well!
  • Options
    I have played with interfaces that had so much information that I spent too long looking for a rare not used often ability... causing my group to wipe.   Equally I had interfaces all on the bottom, making me not pay attention to the top, missing in-game items.  Add-on's I installed were raid-required ... dps meters making them immune to dodging and moving (but they had good  dps despite dying) and such.  Interface things I did like was a map-coordinate system,  quest assistance, and moveable bars for abilities. 
  • Options
    I am one of those people that needs a hot bar for everything, and make them transparent, but then will complain about lack of screen space and shrink them all as small as I can while still being able to tell what they are. I will then continue to mess with the opacity settings for half an hour. Then I spend too much money on a larger/higher res monitor to get even better screen space efficiency for my ten thousand hot bars. The I have to mess with all the settings again to accommodate that. So yeah, I guess I'm not the best judge of these things, but compact is always good in my opinion.
  • Options
    I tend to like to be able set up all my movement on my mouse and then only have ability firing on the keyboard.  Given the opportunity, I set up my hot bars to resemble my keyboard so I can see where I need to press to set off an ability.  As I try to keep similar abilities on the same key regardless of game this isn't necessary just a bonus.  Swtor had the best UI customization I have used.  I think it is no coincidence that my PVP performance was best in that game.
  • Options
    Skulls every where
  • Options
    I prefer minimalistic interfaces with a modern feel to it. I definitely do appreciate my onscreen data. The complexity of interfaces as such is never really a thing to me. Needless graphic elements however are. I get it, I am playing a fantasy game. However, that does not mean I need to be thrown some over the top fantasy GUI into my face.
  • Options
    This is what I use for everything from programming in visual studios to playing Tera PVP and PVE:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-K360-Wireless-Keyboard-for-Windows-Black/21141661
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-M310-Wireless-Mouse-Silver/14301744

VERY simple setup, fits my hands perfectly, and is very comfortable with very little, if any, input lag. Sounds like I am advertising this to you XD

Due to my setup I prefer a fairly simple skill system with between 10-20 active skills and very little clutter on the screen with everything minimized so it takes up the least amount of my screen so I can feel like I am actually playing the game, instead of watching a movie.
  • Options
    One that is totally customizable in every regard.  What's shown, where it's shown, the size, the colors, everything is at my discretion.
  • Options
    For me the target should be extremely simplified complexity...if you can make sense of that.
    :tongue:
    Highly elaborate, but so well organised everything feels simple and natural.
    Everything ...make sense.
  • Options
    Adjustable/movable action bars to keep up with cooldowns. Bigger icons for more important skills.

Icehud type of hp view in addition to normal target bars. Meaning own hp, mana and absorb bars on left of ur char and enemys on right.

Movable/resizeable minimap

Movable/resizeable chat that you can click through in combat.

Movable resizeable inventory thats easy to manage.

Recolorable/shapeable aim cursor.

Idk yet if nameplates will exist at release bur if they do thick hp bar with % and small line for mana.

Thats the more in detail but in general I would be fine if resize, unlock and transparency were options for all ui.

• Options
    None. No UI at all. Not even health bars. Makes combat far more interesting. :smile:
  • Options
    customizable from the ground up, thats what i want;3
  • Options
    Able to resize, move, lock and unlock everything.  No big graphics around these windows (or else able to remove them).
  • Options
    Amazon`s New World`s interface is shaping up well.

I would like to capacity to use mods for interface so I can play the game with the interface I want.

So long as mods for interface do not impact gameplay success and are just visuals.