Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How do you feel about the colourful glow on items found

Personally I dont like how items glow on the floor. It is immersion breaking.
I think that such items can be noticed by people without them being coloured. 
Eso did one thing right in the way players interact with items on the floor/buildings/stands.
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Disclaimer:  I am not a fan of BR games or action combat

With that said, I'm ok with the colors.  I'd be ok if the colors were gone.

I'd like to see them reduce each counter by 20% and speed the games up.   If they did that, keep the colors.

I'm sure they have reasons for the speed they have chosen.

• Options
    @gb1990gaming
    If you're talking about items that shines brightly - almost pulsating with a glow, pin-pointing their location with literal ease .... then no, I do NOT like that  

HARD NO, in fact 

I would prefer actively seeking what to find by using  the clues given ... and those that were actively sought-out - such as talking to multiple-quest-givers
    • I'm thinking of Shroud of the Avatar + RuneScape questing-style  (・ω・)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Well I for one love glowing weapons, but I want them to be limited to artifacts/relics/legendary swords/axes instead of every other weapon having a glow to them. Make them rare and unique (hence the glow). Also, when you are thinking of initiating a caravan raid, and there's one or two dudes guarding the caravan with glowing swords, you'd think twice.
  • Options
    Ship has sailed on this one. The 4th Kickstarter stretch goal was particle effects on weapon skins. If you think that they are not going to sell cosmetics that people will buy in the store you would be wrong. Also since they have talked of parity in-game, there are sure to be such that you can earn outside the store.
  • Options
    Having enchanted/magical weapons that don't glow seems wrong...just wrong.
  • Options
    This reminds me of the great Bruce Leroy.  The OG Glow. 

• Options
    I prefer to see it on weaponry or items where it makes sense, e.g. some form of magical enchantment. Not for it to be the standard.
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    This reminds me of the great Bruce Leroy.  The OG Glow. 

YYYYYAAAAASSSSSSS! The last dragon, one of my all time favorite movies! Makes me want to name my character Shonuff, The Shogun of Harlem! 
  • Options
    In items found.....

I dislike the glow wround the items found inside buildings or just on the floor.
    I didnt say anything about enchanted items
  • Options
    I like glowing things mind you I may be a bit bias 

• Options
    I prefer Un-Glowing... Now we can have the infamous debate over how Black Light Sabers work.. :smile:

• Options
    nagash said:

Vomit magic at it's finest ;)
  • Options
    Particle effects and glowing weapons have been a time honored tradition in MMORPG's in terms of epicness. I don't mind them. But just like with all cosmetics don't over saturate the game with them. If everyone is running around with particle effect weapon skins or amazing cosmetic armor. It'll take away from the actual default equipment that's actually high tier and special.
  • Options
    Its also fun to run 'sleeper' builds in pvp. Using appearance equipment one can look like a farmer but have relic gear on. Without 'inspect' as an option in Ashes (correct me if I am mistaken), sleeper builds will be possible. This could include making that brightly glowing golden rune sword look like a rusty axe.
  • Options
    I would imagine, based off of several things but nothing hard, that any weapon will be able to glow.

It will most likely be via the over enchanting aspect that was mentioned (improving a gears stats with risk). The stronger you make it, the bigger and brighter the glow. Also a great visual cue to those around you.
  • Options
    I like the glow(s); they don't bother me at all.
  • Options
    nagash said:

Thats a bit harsh ^^
  • Options
    Not a fan of the glow but it works for the BR mode.
  • Options
    for the sake of  br test its nice but to bright for a wep glow imo
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

Thats a bit harsh ^^
    I couldn't help myself :> sorry :(
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:

Thats a bit harsh ^^
    I couldn't help myself :> sorry :(
    Haha oh now feel guilty 
  • Options
    I think it is too much. There shoudn't be glow at all, except for magically enhanced items or super rare items. The same goes for the effects. Keep the flashiness for ultimate moves. I don't worry about it, though, it's alpha and they want their game to appeal to newcomers, so they use all the flashiness they can. I'm pretty sure they will tone it down later on.
  • Options
    I feel like the glow is just for BR mode so you can see things from far away in case you are scavenging for items so you can get back into the fray. In game I doubt that basic weapons with no enchants are going to glow. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure its just a function of the BR test and not indicative of final product.
  • Options
    I like this function. But I would not miss it if it doesn't make it into the game.
  • Options
    It is very common to see the dropped loot Glow in games, magical or not.  I guess so you can find the loot in busy environments.  I guess if the bodies de-spawn imidiately it might be necessary but if the bodies hang about until looted or at least for a sensible amount of time it would not.  I prefer the second option but don't really care either way.