Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

High vs. Low Graphics & Advantages

Before I begin, this is NOT a complaint, just an observation.  We're still under NDA so I'll describe as best as I can though a screenshot would be easy.  

So last night we had a group of 4 Hands of Fate members on hand for the 100 man BR/Team test.  During the final 3 minutes of the game, we were fighting against another team of 4 in a marsh area under the bridge.  After the fight, one person commented that it was fun fighting/hiding among the marsh bushes to which another one of our of guild members commented they didn't see any of that, just the rocks and he could see the other people clear as day.
  • The guy who saw all the bushes had graphics turned up to the maximum.
  • The guy who saw just rocks had graphics turned way down.
This seems like an unintended advantage to have your graphics turned way down so you can just eliminate visual impediments.  I had previously been hiding among bushes not realizing that if you had your graphics turned down, you would just see me standing there in the open!  I know this might not matter once tab targeting is in and you can just run around hitting tab to grab the next target, or it may not matter once/if they add nameplates to all characters and not just your teammates.  

Again, not a complaint but an observation and one that I'm not 100% sure of.  Going to test it out on the next test to see the results.  At the end of the day if it came down to it, I'm not quite sure what I would do (Keep purty graphics, or tone down for a better chance at winning)  Probably tone down the graphics... I like winning.

Comments

• Options
    Turn your draw distance all the way down and many rocks and trees don't appear until you are in melee dash range of them 
  • Options
    Ah, i'll try that next test and see how it works out.  Thanks!
  • Options
    You should call it a complaint. It is a test and they want you to find faults so they can fix them. Maybe this was intended? i wouldn't know but good job on pointing it out  <3
  • Options
    There was a PUBG video where people were just laughing at a streamer because he was crouching in the bushes and kept getting head shot sniped every match. Turns out the exact issue described was going on. He saw the bushes and thought he was hidden, to everyone else he just looked like some idiot crouched down in an empty field. Definitely something they will need to address.