Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Single Shield as a Bashing Weapon

So I know there's like a Thing abt having two shields as a viable option but has there ever been discussion of a player being able to use just one shield on it's own and being viable?? And I'm not talkin abt the Captain America frisbee thing (tho that could be cool too) I mean someone who uses a single shield to guard and  to bash things like this:

I just think that'd be neat :3c

Comments

• I think EQ1 had a Shield Bash, 'Bash'(?) if I remember correctly.
    The current running joke is dual shields. :smile:
  • Pretty sure dual shields was confirmed to be a no... Using something that isn't primarily a weapon as a weapon creates animation issues so its not like there isn't a possibility but its just really slim. 
  • yeah lol i figured 2 shields wasnt gonna be a thing but....i still have hope....for single shield weapon.... ;u;
  • This would be an interesting attribute and Im suuure a lot of new style of animations! Heres hoping! Not to mention having a blade/shield sorta weapon might be something IS can really make unique over other MMOs! It would be interesting to see where they take it!!! :open_mouth:
  • I wouldn't expect these at launch but there is hope for them in expansions
  • yeah esp since i doubt they'll be adding new classes for expansions (since it'd probs  be rlly difficult to implement 9+ new classes  in one new expansion  and then n+1 more for every one after that lol) so new weapons is probs how they'd do it :o
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    I think the single shield idea is an interesting concept, I just don't really see how viable it could be. Would still be interested in how something like that would turn out.

Btw infiniToaster, I love that you used those GIF's from Dragon Prince. Saw the first season and thought it was pretty good XD.
  • Since we already saw them at PAX as part of the archetype abilities you can rest assured that there will be a bash and a throw. Will they make the final cut to live? No idea. But since they went to the trouble of coding for them, probably.

Shield ThrowSingle target throws a shield , adds hateChanges to cone attackAdds stun to the first target hit

ueFcZrKjpgShield Might / BashSingle target knockdown or stunChanges to a frontal cone attackIncreases block chance for a duration after a success, determined by number of targets hit
  • I fail to see any point in using just a shield when you can bash it with a weapon in hand too, not losing much force behind it either if you will hold it in one hand. I'm all in for smacking people with shields though, especially if they get interrupted after doing so :>