Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be any kind of daily/weekly rewards, bonuses, content gates, resets, etc...

(That do not accumulate).

My experience casually playing a lot of MMOs recently from modern ones to old school ones like Vanilla WoW, GW1 and Lineage 2 Classic has taught me I will never enjoy a game with 'dailies' or any kind of bonuses that do not accumulate. No matter how interesting the gameplay might be it always feel like a chore. They are under the guise of boosting casual players, but they do not do that, you just feel like you missed out on bonuses, and when you finally do get time to play you get gated and have to wait for the next day/reset-period anyway. All they do is slow down more hardcore players which I don't agree with either, and they take away player freedom and force you down whatever path developers think you should take instead of finding your own.

That being said, I wouldn't be completely opposed to a game that let you accumulate bonuses up to some reasonable amount so you don't feel nudged to do them on a repeating basis, but rather whenever you want, like go nuts doing daily dungeons or PvP on an evening when friends are on and burn through all of them. But really I'd prefer if they weren't in the game at all.

Comments

• Options
    I hear you when those daily quests would involve the same action over and over again until the end of time. That is indeed a chore. People will create chores for themselves anyhow, like gathering specific herbs, ores and wood that happen to spawn at certain spots. I would like to see some quests or tasks that require a daily effort for the duration of a week or even a month to progress. Like when brewing/cooking something and it requires a routine of adding different ingredients each day. 
  • Options
    Instead of static daily quests the plan is to have something called tasks that change based on the needs of the particular node you are in. They are optional. They have said they have many different plans on questing, from long arcs to shorter fluff. There has been no mention of content gating. The node system does that for them. The idea of daily dungeons is also kind of weird, since no one has any idea of what content will be on each particular server. Dungeons will appear and disappear in different locations. Now that spawn table may be limited in the first few months of release that two servers may see the exact same dungeon spawn, but within the first year like any new mmo, that content will increase to the point that no one should be seeing the same dungeons over and over.
  • Options
    Well technically they are always optional but that doesn't mean there isn't a reward and inclination from the game for you to do them.

I just think regardless of whether you play 5 or 100 hours per week the idea of opportunity loss mechanics to get you doing tasks is always a negative reinforcement. You should just be able to go and do whatever you want and never 'miss out' on any kind of reward even if it is only 'optional'.