Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Character Creation

i havent seen any character creation nor talk/word of it, is it any good?
personally I'd love a wide arrange of colors, hairs, body sliders and face sliders, all while not being limited so i can actually create a character i want without a certain attribute being locked at too small or too big. also, will there be skimpy and modern armor like in other mmo cash shops?

Comments

• It is not in the testing right now. 
  • From what we know the Character Creation will be a lot like BDOs as for skimpy armour we have no idea really. we know it's staying away from anime armour but its hard to say if is going to be like as we have not seen much real in-game armour yet. As for the cash shop, there will be items you can buy which are just cosmetic.

Hope that helps ^^
  • BDO's character creation is arguably one of the best out there. If AoC is aiming for something close to BDO's, I will count that as another part of the winning formula :)
  • BDO's character creation is arguably one of the best out there. If AoC is aiming for something close to BDO's, I will count that as another part of the winning formula :)
    i hope its not as limited as BDO. for such a vast system its very hard to utilize. for example its extremely hard to not make your character look asian, or create a young wizard. stuff like that :) 

thanks al
  • If I'm not mistaken the character creation system will be available during alpha 2 phase.
  • I'm hoping it is as detailed and in-depth as BDO's.
  • I've always liked the creation method of having a long list of preset starting points and then independently also allow all the sliders and feature selections. Gives people a quick scaffold to tweak to their taste, but still offers 100% customization.

Systems that use just one or the other have flaws, either with there only being X number of looks, or with it being a little unwieldy and difficult to create the look you're going for. Why not both?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Character Creator will be available in Alpha 1 Phase 2.  
  • We only know that it will be really in-depth, honestly I don't want a load of skimpy armor, but I do want a set or 2 since it does fit some characters :3
  • I'd like armor like Archeage. There we some skimpy things, realistic and bad-a armor types. 
  • There's a boob slider off that's what you're wanting to know  ;)
  • There's a boob slider off that's what you're wanting to know  ;)
    yea but what about the quintessential butt slider?