Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Your thoughts?

What do you think about Ashes Of Creation?
What you want to see and don't want to see?

... And why you are reading this right now? o.O :D

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    I'm reading it because it popped up at the top of recent discussions.
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/38241/whats-wrong-with-aoc-how-can-it-improve/p1
  • Options
    I think that Ashes of Creation has the foundation to be an outstanding game. 

I want to see a blend of Archeage and Lineage 2 that has all the good points and none of the bad points.

I don't want to see ****, furries, and over sexualization.

...and I'm reading this right now because I'm an insomniac who lurks the forums at all hours.  

• Options
    Necromancers. just necromancers

and I live on the forums so am always here
  • Options
    What do you think about Ashes Of Creation?
    What you want to see and don't want to see?

... And why you are reading this right now? o.O :D
    i want to see the augments tank/fighter specifically has and also what augments the ork races have:3
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I think the alpha testing so far is fun, but it is not indicative of all the features AoC has to offer once it is finalized. I am looking forward to guilds halls, sieges, dungeon raids with a party, guild wars, quests, persistent housing, roleplay inside a tavern, and finding that Holy Avenger on the corpse of a world boss that took 3 days and 500 men to defeat. These are all the things I want to see that make an MMO great and that AoC has the potential to deliver. The fact that the Intrepid staff are all MMO fanatics at the core helps a lot.

And I'm reading this right now because it's the middle of the night and I'm on coffee. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Jahlon said:

I don't want to see ****, furries, and over sexualization.

No one wants ****'s, they're creepy. I'm fine with your Ahri level furries and OF COURSE WE WANT OVER SEXUALIZATION! BDO knew what they're were doing there.  It doesn't need to be a focal point like BDO but the more detail you can give, the better. 

As for my actual expectation. I look back on EQNext which had the lofty promises to revolutionize the genre. AoC sounds like a game that a bunch of fan boys got together and started spitballing ideas and then hired 200 people to create the game... which seems like a dream scenario. I'm here because everything they've offered is what a MMO should be. They haven't shyd away from pvp like so many other MMORPG's. And looking at every other MMO in development none of them are doing what AoC is with the world, the P2W, etc. Honestly, if I'd had developed an MMORPG it'd look like AoC. So if they can deliver on their expectations, that's why I'm here. Also it's a slow day with not a lot on the forums. 
  • Options
    I want to feel my impact on the world. Killing a massive boss that respawns every Tuesday has gotten old for me. 

Reading this because I'm at work waiting for something to do.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I want a dynamic sense of discovery. I want to travel the world and find cool things but still have reason to revisit parts of it with the possibility of still finding something new. The node level gated world content makes me excited. The non-hand-holdy quests get me excited. I essentially want a sand-box MMO version of divinity OS2 :P.
  • Options
    They are going to make MMO's great again.  Or so I'm lead to believe
    I want to see everything they have said will be.  I dont want to see WoW clone.
    I was reviewing recent posts and yours was one of them ;)
  • Options
    I think Ashes of Creation is meh right now, but that's only because of the BR mode. It has so much potential and after my experience in Alpha 0, plus the amount of progress the team is making I can only see a bright future for the game. Just impatiently waiting for the MMO aspects to come back to the game.
  • Options
    I think it's great, as long as the devs keep their word on everything they have I will be gud :3
  • Options
    I haven't played [not in the current Alpha] but outside some art assets and some twitch action combat, we have really seen nothing of the game itself. The upcoming siege testing will help, but most of the game and mechanics will not be seen till Alpha 2 [or very late alpha 1 stage 2].
    I hope they can pull it off, I really do.
    #MakeMMOsGreatAgain
  • Options
    Ashes is seemingly the mmo reviver for me.
    Having subscription based invoicing means the game is developed for people to have fun and not ruining the game with greed.

I want to see a game that has content developed for players to have fun.
     If there is grind it's not forced down your throat but self created goal.
     If there is rng it's not noticeable and doesn't make you feel shit every time you play(RNG combat/enchanting).

I want to see 40 player raids and planning strategies with them for the boss.
    I want to see PvP tournaments and guilds fighting over territories.

I don't want to see endless gearing, gearibg without diminishing returns or gear2win combat.

I'm reading this because I'm a fan of the game and there needs to be discussion around the game for developement of the game.