Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Eating/Drinking Benefits?

What benefits are you hoping to see from consuming food/drink items(not potions) in game?

Comments

• They have said that food and drink will give various buffs. I do like that you tried to sneak in a way to reduce the corruption mechanic. Since they have said it is all stick and no carrot, don't see that happening.
  • Hey one can hope and dream haha. But which one would you like to see in the game yourself? 
  • I tend not to answer the player wishlist polls. They have a plan and at this point in the process they are sticking to it regardless of what maybe 50 people out of an estimated playerbase of a couple hundred thousand may think. I fully expect that the team in charge of the cooking profession have a handle on what they need to do and are working with the combat people to make sure that any benefit from food/drink is balanced to not be game breaking while adding depth and fun to the crafting process. They ultimately know what ties into what in the system they have developed and my telling them that I must have chocolate sprinkles give an invisibility buff really just distracts them from the task at hand. The forums are fun as a distraction, but any substantive feedback will come after they give us the crafting system to test early next year.
  • @UnknownSystemError already brought it up, but it will be a definite NO to the "Less corruption gained from player kills" idea. If I decide you need to die for one reason or another, I will be accepting full responsibility for my actions, and that means the corruption that comes with the PK as well. Everyone should have this kind of attitude when thinking about PKing. Other than the corruption though, everything else will be great if it is in the game.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    I tend not to answer the player wishlist polls. They have a plan and at this point in the process they are sticking to it regardless of what maybe 50 people out of an estimated playerbase of a couple hundred thousand may think. I fully expect that the team in charge of the cooking profession have a handle on what they need to do and are working with the combat people to make sure that any benefit from food/drink is balanced to not be game breaking while adding depth and fun to the crafting process. They ultimately know what ties into what in the system they have developed and my telling them that I must have chocolate sprinkles give an invisibility buff really just distracts them from the task at hand. The forums are fun as a distraction, but any substantive feedback will come after they give us the crafting system to test early next year.
    You keep on saying this about "wishlist" posts and I completely disagree. When there is no info out, it is an expression of interest, it shows the hope and expectation people have of the game that they want to spend time and finger power to type up some idea or thought about how the game MIGHT be. That being said I know you don't oppose them and actually end up indulging them in convo often (#CecilTheBanker) :P but I just disagree with the philosophy.

I know we need to trust IS and the devs know what they are doing but this is an MMO and ultimately they will listen to their base and pull ideas from them at some point. Once the game is fully out, "wishlist" posts will be the driver of change and updates, I don't see why we need to refrain from them at any point.

Asking for chocolate sprinkles is not an issue either, they may read it and laugh, they can ignore it outright, they may read it and think it's a good idea in one way or another, they may read it and be inspired or be lead down a train of thought that results in something cool.

I just don't think we need to be zealots for IS and defend their master plan against the intrusion of wishlist ideas. We need to be fans, express our excitement and support them in a constructive manner.

I still love you ;)

That being said I hate this poll and refuse to participate... lol :P I think food buffs should have a few different types of effects and focusing on being a master chef should perhaps not only make your food buffs be stronger but also unlock some buffs normal chefs can't provide (no messing with corruption).

I'm also curious if eating the food in a tavern will provide some bonus buff and if that's related to the food or the tavern.
  • Well my personal hope is that different types of food will give different buffs. I don't expect food to be a one trick pony. This post is just to gauge interest in cooking buffs and perhaps prompt other ideas for possible buffs given by eating/drinking.
  • Food Shouldn't  give buffs or heal wounds/
    Food and drink should just be for RP in taverns.
    Potions and spells are enough.
  • Less corruption hahaha doesn't make much of a difference when you plan to perform genocide on an entire species :/
  • Im going for "Other" because food shouldn't just give one specific buff. 
    So this poll is missing the option
    "Various buffs/debuffs depending on on type of food/drink"
  • I chose Other because I think food should be able to do all these things with the exception of mitigating Corruption, that is just wishful thinking and a bad idea to boot. 

Players should be able to have 1 food and 1 drink buff active at any given time. Maybe add in a high level food and drink that boost this to 2 of each active at one time with the boost food or drink taking up one active buff slot. So you would be able to have 3 buff up along with the buff that extends this limit.

Make all food/drink buff player craftable only. So early on there would not be alot of buuf foods available but as time progresses more and more buff become available as the cooking/brewing profession grows.
  • Augentier said:
    Im going for "Other" because food shouldn't just give one specific buff. 
    So this poll is missing the option
    "Various buffs/debuffs depending on on type of food/drink"
    This poll is just to see what kind of beneficial effects players are looking for from food/drink items. I am certain that food/drink items will provide multiple beneficial effects however I just want to see which ones players are hoping to see be added to the game rather than passed over entirely.