Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 1 didn't work

Got my email to test game, every time I click launch it says access denied on APOC - alpha 1.
I'm not really fussed as I hate battle royales, just so glad I spent hundreds of pounds only to not get access and the test ends in a few hours.

Comments

• Options
    Most important thing to remember when Alpha testing, servers have to come down often, builds have to be updated often.

• Options
    i got a message somewhere that says they are down til 10am i think. trying to find it.
  • Options
    Got my email to test game, every time I click launch it says access denied on APOC - alpha 1.
    I'm not really fussed as I hate battle royales, just so glad I spent hundreds of pounds only to not get access and the test ends in a few hours.

Same here - got an email and was keen to see a bit of AoC before the test ends unfortunately when pressing "Launch" game fails with this message:

"Fail to start the game : Access denied on APOC-alpha0-1."
    [OK]
  • Options
    The message could certainly do with changing to state the server is not currently running rather than saying "fail to start" and "access denied" to avoid people getting confused. 

Suggest you get Discord so you can check the server status for yourself. The last message from Steven was that the servers were taken down for maintenance and will be back up 10 am PDT.
  • Options
    You will want to hop into discord https://discord.gg/ashesofcreation  and keep an eye on the #server_status channel as it actively lists the servers online / offline status.
  • Options
    I had that to at first i just tried again later and got in. Wasn´t able to play as much as i wanted to but that is alpha for you. Game looks good thou so just be patient and you will test it soon anough :)
  • Options
    Indeed, it works now, thank you :)
    Anyway, this is really misleading wording for an error message.