Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Sought after armors

Here is what categories I look for when chosing an armor design to suit the character I created. This is irrelevant to heavy, medium, robe.

An ELEGANT armor for an honorable class.
A STRONG armor for a mighty soldier.
A DARK armor for a scary character.
A BRIGHT armor for a holy character.

So far I have only seen one type of armor in AoC. It looks like High Nobility armor, Be it for soldiers or mages, this armor looks totally thin. No boots. No gauntlents. Just a noblemans atire with hints of 'protection'

Here is what I like in previous games in regards to armors.

Low level armors looked made my character look like a peasant.
Mid low made me look like an adventurer.
Mid high made me look like an experienced player of the game.

High grade armor made me look -as described above- either honorable or strong or intimidating or pure like a king or a divine person.

I must say that so far I am disappointed and most likely Ill ignore the base game armors and look to buy a skin which Ill never change.

I hope that IS has many more designs to show us as we go through all the testing phases.

Comments

• Options
    so you are looking for your average RPG armour?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Well I think AoC can only be so revolutionary. We as a community are not ready for this.

Lol but yes I'm sure they will release more concept art and stuff for you to look at which will hopefully match and exceed your expectations :).
  • Options
    Give me a load of robes for my mage with long sleeves (wide at the end) and hoods, the rest can be a fish net for all I care.
  • Options
    Would be interesting if there were clothes made out of light or magic for court type doings.  Big problem would be when the run time or spell time on the clothes run out if you were still at the party.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    If they keep this philosophy for heavy armor then i would be happy.
    And the armor, that we see right now in Alpha 1 is supposed to be a special skin for all people who played in Alpha or something like that.
  • Options
    Damokles said:
    And the armor that we see right now in Alpha 1 is supposed to be a special skin for all people who played in Alpha or something like that.
    Looking good
  • Options
    Damokles said:
    And the armor, that we see right now in Alpha 1 is supposed to be a special skin for all people who played in Alpha or something like that.
    I got this only because it looked too good not to get :>
  • Options
    Hopefully they don't make all heavy plate armors as intricately designed as the one above.
    Something more simple and utilitarian would be awesome!
  • Options
    Sulrak said:
    Hopefully they don't make all heavy plate armors as intricately designed as the one above.
    Those utilitarian PAULDRONS. I cant play WOW for those pauldrons alone.
  • Options
    tasteful and grim just how I like it ^^
  • Options
    AshLynx said:
    Sulrak said:
    Those utilitarian PAULDRONS. I cant play WOW for those pauldrons alone.

Naw, I only know straight ahead, frontal assault or nothing.

• Options
    Yeah, but those HUGE pauldrons are what show how much of a tank I am.... everyone knows, little shoulders = little di...tank. :lol:
    Just kiddddding... something more along these lines would be nice :)
  • Options
    Sulrak said:
    Yeah, but those HUGE pauldrons are what show how much of a tank I am.... everyone knows, little shoulders = little di...tank. :lol:
    Just kiddddding... something more along these lines would be nice :)
    This is a nice balance, it's quite big but not oversized .w.
  • Options
    I hope there are more generic sets of armor, but I do not care if every piece is as elegant as what Steven has shown so far. Its amazing what they're doing, and if everyone looks that good thats great.
  • Options
    Sulrak said:
    Such a "simple" armor.  ;D
  • Options
    Here is what categories I look for when chosing an armor design to suit the character I created. This is irrelevant to heavy, medium, robe.

An ELEGANT armor for an honorable class.
    A STRONG armor for a mighty soldier.
    A DARK armor for a scary character.
    A BRIGHT armor for a holy character.

So far I have only seen one type of armor in AoC. It looks like High Nobility armor, Be it for soldiers or mages, this armor looks totally thin. No boots. No gauntlents. Just a noblemans atire with hints of 'protection'

Here is what I like in previous games in regards to armors.

Low level armors looked made my character look like a peasant.
    Mid low made me look like an adventurer.
    Mid high made me look like an experienced player of the game.

High grade armor made me look -as described above- either honorable or strong or intimidating or pure like a king or a divine person.

I must say that so far I am disappointed and most likely Ill ignore the base game armors and look to buy a skin which Ill never change.

I hope that IS has many more designs to show us as we go through all the testing phases.
    Well, there explanation for the armor is that we were a hero off Verra in the lands our people escaped to when leaving. As a hero we traveled back to Verra to investigate and recolonize the lands of our ancestors. (example below of heavy, and light aka robes armor)

Robes Example: (as stated by Steven during stream)

Heavy Armor Example: (as stated by steven during stream)

Though I agree the variety of armor isn't that great currently. Especially between lighter armors and heavy armor. However, this is still APOC (Alpha One Phase One), and I personally would like to see more "t-shirt and jeans" simplicity in some armor than the grandiose stuff were currently contently getting. (*below is what Steven called "t-shirt and jeans" on stream)

In the end I don't dislike the armor designs. I just feel like although I see a bit of verity in these three sets they all seem a bit detailed, and too similar to differentiate between t-shirt and jeans, robes, and heavy armor plate tier 2 as Steven stated them to be.