Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Greetings Fellow Wayfarers

So, I just registered and wanted to say hello because that's what nice people do.
I've been observing the game for a while and after watching the Alpha-1 footage that came out during the last weeks (seriously, that's supposed to be Alpha-1?! It lookes absolutely stunning!)  I've become even more fascinated by the potential it holds.

Maybe some of you guys know what I'm talking about: When I was a kid and played my first video games, I started creating this very specific, ideal version of a character in my head that I wanted to play. But unfortunately, there simply were no games out there that could help me materialize what my imagination came up with. But as started learning about AoC, I felt as if this might just be the game that I had been waiting for. Time will tell I guess, but until then I will definitely be watching the development with great anticipation. I'm especially curious about the lore that we do not really know a lot about as of yet. I'm also definitely planning to join the Betas later on.

And here I also want to say "Thank you" to the developers for even attempting to create a milestone game like this. I feel like AoC can become something truly amazing.

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Hello,
    since my original post seems to have disappeared into oblivion (or maybe it just fell back to Verra, who knows...), I'll write it again.
    I have been watching this game for a while now and after seeing the Alpha-footage of the last weeks I got even more excited (seriously, that is Alpha-1?! It looks absolutely stunning!).
    Maybe some of you guys know what I'm talking about; when I played my first video games as a kid, I slowly started creating this very specific, ideal character that I wanted to play as in my mind. Unfortunately, there were no games at the time that could help me to manifest my imagination. Maybe AoC could just be the game I've been waiting for. I'll definitely join the Betas later on.
    I also wanted to say "Thank you" to the developers, simply for attempting to create such a milestone game. I have the feeling that it could become something truly amazing!
  • Welcome to Ashes! :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2018
    Welcome to the forums! I totally know what you mean about imagining the ideal character and hopefully in the 64 character class combinations, 9 races, and numerous other factions/religions/guilds and alliances.... we find the customization in Ashes to help us all realize our ideal characters! I'm excited too.
  • Welcome to Ashes!!!
  • Welcome to the community, friend.
  • Greetings from Oceania HakumeiKira and welcome to Ashes of Creation!!!
  • Ravnodaus said:
    Welcome to the forums! I totally know what you mean about imagining the ideal character and hopefully in the 64 character class combinations, 9 races, and numerous other factions/religions/guilds and alliances.... we find the customization in Ashes to help us all realize our ideal characters! I'm excited too.
    It sounds totally awesome. I'm really looking forward to the further stages of development. *saves money for the beta keys*
    And thanks to everyone for the nice welcome!
    Also now my post seems to have appeared twice...admins, if you want you can delete the second one. I don't need two threads.

• Welcome to Ashes!!!
  • Welcome to Ashes .w.