Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Identification?

When we enter and explore this fascinating new world, will we be able to tell what type of node we are in?

I understand that things will be different in each type of node as it progresses.  For example, economic versus military nodes might have different dungeon drops.  Different types of nodes might have somewhat different mob spawns and resources easily available.

But if I wander into a Divine node, will I be able to tell that it is a Divine node prior to it levelling up?  As it levels up, we can tell, sure.  But will they have different inherent feels?  The sample maps have more colors of nodes than there are node types, so I am guessing that map color will not identify node type.

Thanks for both answers and speculations. 

All the best, TT

Comments

• Options
    A node which hasn't leveled doesn't have a type. So you can't tell the type of the node.
    The node type will be chosen by the players in this node.

• Options
    Augentier said:
    A node which hasn't leveled doesn't have a type. So you can't tell the type of the node.

Where did you find that? I thought the nodes were predetermined.
  • Options
    I thought the same as Althor, but perhaps I made an assumption.
  • Options
    Nodes reveal their type at stage 1. So pretty quickly into being developed.

As far as I know we do not yet have any information on the underlying mechanisms that determine a node's type. It could be preset, it could be random, it could be anything at this point.
  • Options
    Node types are predetermined.  I believe they stated that they are not random and the position is set, and that they may change the type/position they are before launch but they rather not unless needed.
    You can determine the node type as soon as the first npc's spawn at lvl 1.  On wiki it states that to reach expedition stage(lvl 1) it will be around a few hours.
  • Options
    Althor said:
    Augentier said:

Where did you find that? I thought the nodes were predetermined.
    Yes you're right and im wrong. I mixed up node type and racial influence on the node. Type is predetermined. Racial appearance can change based on the player races who are contributing something to the node.
  • Options
    Nodes type is set by Intrepid and is not random. The nodes and cities will also be named by Intrepid. The map is the same on every server as to where different static poi's are located. What will be different from server to server is how those nodes develop and as mentioned by others the pace and racial architecture of the node at each stage. The racial component is not by who are contributing "something", but by who contribute the most. It is an all or nothing thing. Either the Dwarves had the most influence, or the Elves did. Whichever does, their architecture is dominant for that phase of the node.
    You can tell the type of node from Stage 1 once a small camp has formed. The NPCs are the clue. Primarily soldiers-military, scholars-scientific, priests-divine, and merchants-economic. Not the standard vendors that come with each node level 1 camp, but the extra npcs that are wandering around the camp. Intrepid wants you to think and take clues from your environment. You will not be getting a system message flashing "NODE HAS ADVANCED TO LEVEL 4, NEW HOUSING IS AVAILABLE!", at least not from them.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    Cities can be named by the leadership from a chosen list of pre-populated names.

Node type and location is set by Intrepid.

Node type does not become evident until the node hits level 1.

Usually Unknown writes the short answers, so this time, I did

• Options
     The racial component is not by who are contributing "something", but by who contribute the most. It is an all or nothing thing. 
    Even "the most" is "something".
    I know i was kind of unspecific but i was not wrong  ;)
  • Options
    Unknown and Jahlon, thank you both for your information filled answers, much appreciated!  TT
  • Options
    TauTau said:
    Unknown and Jahlon, thank you both for your information filled answers, much appreciated!  TT
    Then flag their posts as "Answered".
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    "So as it stands now, types are predetermined based on certain location factors. As I said nodes exist all throughout the world, and the location of said node will determine its type. But this type will be noticeable, it will be... seen at the first stage of development."   ~Steve

So you can take that for what you want. If you feel that means that nodes are predetermined by Intrepid then by all means, it could mean that. I'm not so sure we know exactly what "certain location factors" is...