Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How should PVP class design be balanced?

Either intrepid decides to follow a specific ramification for class balance or this game will become a class stacking masterpiece at the highest level. No matter how unique all classes are, getting raided by 40 high dmg and immortal tank/tank players is not fun, and people will do this if class balance is not achived. 

So, how would you like intrepid to balance the game? How should they balance the game in regards to PVP?

Comments

• Options
    For me it should be around 3v3/5v5/10v10 since these feel like the most common number of players that will play togheter. 
  • Options
    There is no PvP class in Ashes.
    All classes are balanced for PvX.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    There is no PvP class in Ashes.
    All classes are balanced for PvX.
    Sometime I dream of a day when people will not talk about pvp but today is not that day
  • Options
    How can you balance around 10v10 when a group is 8 people....
  • Options
    ^^ Above Comment was my question as well.... groups are 8 since there are 8 classes.
    I wouldn't balance around specific numbers but rather class mechanics (rock, paper, scissor).
    The problem with other MMORPGs is that power creep is a very REAL thing. Classes may start out with significant strengths AND weaknesses but eventually patching happens and those weaknesses are strengthened until classes just don't have any significant weaknesses...
    Make classes have weaknesses, plain and simple. If I play X class and I know that my weaknesses are A & B, and class Y has strengths of A & B, well I better be sure NOT to face them alone or I am asking to get beaten.
  • Options
    I think balancing should consider everything.
    But since i could only vote for 1 i took 10 vs 10.

• Options
    I voted for a pointless one because this thread is pointless ^^
  • Options
    Really depends on the maximum party size, If the game is really designed in the way that i'm thinking it is. Then most likely we are going to be farming in a full groups, which is what the game should be balanced around...

But honestly balance isn't that important when it comes to game like this, Guilds and people who are more serious about PvP will be adapting to the more powerful stuff anyway. It might be hard to hear but this isn't going to be a super competitive PvP game, it's a mmorpg after all. There is already plenty of good option for that type of gameplay :smile:
  • Options
    i feel there should always be some trade off somewhere since that involves both tactical play and also intelligence.

for instance, you could bolster ur weaknesses to melee by equipping more plate or enchanting gear to be more resilient maybe?:D
    as long as its not an impossibilty to win because of a bad matchup

thats my take on it tho;3
  • Options
    I dont see how rock paper scissors can be compared to 5v5.
    The game should be balanced first around risk/reward ratio to guarantee balance of invidiual skills and builds,
    Second, around add rock-paper-scissors to make sure that every class has a weakness.
    Third, balance those for arenas around the size of 5v5-10v10 to get valid class combination balance.