Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be turkeys in the game?

Will there be turkeys in the game? Either for eating, as pets, or just walking around? Or mounts maybe?

Comments

• Options
    Well, we know there will be Turnkeys, so not a far stretch for them to remove the "N" Here is a demo of how they might do it.
    Image result for Brought to you by the letter N gif
  • Options
    Immagine it. You are sieging a city and suddenly you hear it. 
    Faint at first, but becomming louder....
    "GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE!", and then you see them on the horizon.
    "ITS THE TURKEY CAVALRY! RUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN!"
  • Options
    *sigh*
  • Options
    Best thread ever!!!
    I'm doing the salty part:

IS haven't announcend turkeys yet. I'm slowly losing my interest in this game. If there will be no turkeys in this game i won't play it. 
    Look at all the other games without turkeys in it. They are dying! The same will happen to AoC. A game without turkeys won't survive in this market. If you  don't have the same opinion you are not a true mmorpg player. 
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Somewhat meaningful posts turned to this....
  • Options
    Did you expect something else? :D
  • Options
    if it's not sunfrog it's going to be Skafftaruss
  • Options
    nagash said:
    if it's not sunfrog it's going to be Skafftaruss
    Ah please don't remind me their the type that if you use mind magic and ask 'tell me everything' will give you their life story with such eloquent words that you'd throw him inside the void for eternity....
  • Options
    Didn't know how much i needed this question answered until it was asked. Not playing game unless we have turkeys :/
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Will there be turkeys in the game?
    Yes they are called players, the really bad ones.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    I laugh at your shortsightedness! Hahaha!
    Turkeys are the key to the entire game! Think animal husbandry.
    Turkey + Duck + Chicken = Turducken!

As a mount the turducken will be able to travel on land like a turkey, sea like a duck, and even be capable of short flights like a chicken. (As per AOC's flight regulations. Short flights low to the ground only)

As a food source you get turkey legs, chicken breasts and wings, and tasty duck meat all in one animal!

For  a pet you can call it like a duck, pet it like a chicken, and even talk to it. Gobble gobble. :)

A turducken is a legendary animal! It's the ultimate mount, resource, and pet! Once you get one you will rule the world! But you can't create it unless there are turkeys in the game. 
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    I laugh at your shortsightedness! Hahaha!
    Turkeys are the key to the entire game! Think animal husbandry.
    Turkey + Duck + Chicken = Turducken!

As a mount the turducken will be able to travel on land like a turkey, sea like a duck, and even be capable of short flights like a chicken. (As per AOC's flight regulations. Short flights low to the ground only)

As a food source you get turkey legs, chicken breasts and wings, and tasty duck meat all in one animal!

For  a pet you can call it like a duck, pet it like a chicken, and even talk to it. Gobble gobble. :)

A turducken is a legendary animal! It's the ultimate mount, resource, and pet! Once you get one you will rule the world! But you can't create it unless there are turkeys in the game. 
    Wouldnt that end up being a goose?
    Swims like a duck, domesticated like a chicken, makes weird sounds like a turkey. 
    Can fly, is dangerous (did you know that goose have MONSTROUS TEETH?!?) and is able to be a pet.
  • Options
    Geese were historically used as guard animals, too. 
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    Geese were historically used as guard animals, too. 
    Exactly!
  • Options
    I feel like I need to take narcotics just to understand this thread 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    You dont have the stomach for it.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    You dont have the stomach for it.
    Or the brain cells 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Why don't you just drink a big glass of milk. ;D
  • Options
    I can see turkeys learning dark witchery, and plaguing unwary travelers in the desert.

People will learn to fear the Turkey Sand Witches.
  • Options
    Atama said:
    I can see turkeys learning dark witchery, and plaguing unwary travelers in the desert.

That is sooo good you can only hope they use it.
  • Options
    Atama said:

Yes! ::bows to the master::  :D

• Options
    Turkeys are fowl.
  • Options
    We need turkeys to serve at the taverns in the autumn!  With stuffing.  Lots of stuffing.  Boost to stamina, but a penalty to movement (food coma!).