Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Steven's Missing Sandal Could Be A Magic Item. A Legendary Item

I'm not saying you should do this, but I think it would be amazing if "Steven's Missing Sandal' were a powerful magic item. I'm talking like the coolest item you could get levels of cool.

Here's a little something I envision could happen.

My suggestion would be to give the person wearing them a fast travel ability, something out of Morrowind where you just jump really far and high and land somewhere very far away. (Much Much higher then cat fall boots or related ranger ability.)

To balance it, you could have the sandal fall off randomly during one of the jumps, or after a period of time during the ownership of the sandal, during such a jump.

So people tracking this person with Steven's sandal have an idea of where to look for the sandal.

Another thing you could do, is have the Sandal go in search of the other sandal itself...after a period of time... yes that's right.

The Sandal is sentient. Yes. Sentient. Should you obtain the Sandal, you are given a quest, just as epic as finding the sandal itself. You must find the other Sandal. This is of course a quest of love. Two sandals lost through the ages of time since the Apoc of Verra seek to find each other.

I suggest that the other sandal should be in a dungeon. Lost in the ages of the Apoc monsters have discovered it, and seek the powers of the Sandals United.

This will be an epic encounter. Should this event happen a 30 day timer will start, and at the culmination of this event none other then Steven himself with his GM Monster Token (or any other GM for that matter if GM Steven is busy) will fight your raid or raids.

Should the Sandal Bearer fall, the monster's will attempt to bring the sandal to the GM controlled Monster. If they do so you fail and your world will witness random atrocities and destabilization from a world boss event.

Each time players will be given a 30 day warning. Then, the Sandal's will appear. All high level nodes will be attacked. Starting randomly. Your first warning will be that the Sandal Bearer appears from the sky. Just like before when the Sandal bearer would jump, but now with a powerful slam. Any players in the area will instantly be tossed into the air, and will have a chance to use any of their mobility tools to survive. Surviving the slam will be an event that gives the survivors a title.

Then the Sandal Bearer will summon forth a portal to unleash his hoard of monsters. Players will be given a choice to be a part of this horde and fight for or against the Bearer.

Your place in this fight will be marked forever in your character's title page.

If you defeat the bearer and his hoard your Node will lay claim to the Sandal's Combined Power. Should you all fail, you will see a world boss raid encounter open up, at the place of the first raid, and you will have to clear your Node's Capitals of their horde bastions before being able to use them again.

For those whom succeed The Bearer, or Your Node Leader (should you succeed in defeating the boss). Your Node, or any Node that defeats your Node, will lay claim to the power of the Sandals,(owner decided based on governing style or on who found the Sandals First and Completed the Raid) in any siege event, their full might will be active. Just like the Sandal Bearer boss siege in the encounters, you will be able to use the jump and slam ability once per siege.

Comments

• Options
    As fun as it sounds I think it's literally taking a joke too far, but who knows maybe there already are plans for a sandal ;)
  • Options
    I think the issue is when we propose ideas like this its hard to keep it in the lore, and once we start releasing content that doesnt mesh with lore we start having some issues. 
  • Options
    I think the issue is when we propose ideas like this its hard to keep it in the lore, and once we start releasing content that doesnt mesh with lore we start having some issues. 
    eh with magic it's possible I mean a magic sandal belonging to a god is not that ridiculous, if it was the god of chaos he could have a magical fork that looks like a spoon and I wouldn't find it weird.
  • Options
    If'n all I can do is dream, I'm gonna dream big.
  • Options
    eh with magic it's possible I mean a magic sandal belonging to a god is not that ridiculous, if it was the god of chaos he could have a magical fork that looks like a spoon and I wouldn't find it weird.
    Magical items like these exist.

They are called sporks.
  • Options
    Atama said:

They are called sporks.
    What is this spork you speak off and can I use it to make tea?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    @nagash You don´t know sproks? You missed out on the nearly greatest invention on earth.

Only exceeded by the splayd. All hail the magical splayd.

• Options
    Atama said:

They are called sporks.
    No I meant a literal fork that is called let's say the 'spoon of annihilation' 
  • Options
    Atama said:

They are called sporks.
    No I meant a literal fork that is called let's say the 'spoon of annihilation' 
    That reminded me of the wand of may things for some reason