Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Statue Effects

I understand we are still in development so what i'm about to say may be premature but when observing combat and characters in action they come across as Statues. This is most evident when they come to abrupt halts and when they turn on their feet (their legs and feet don't move they simply pivot on an invisible central point). I hope this will be resolved further down the line as it is immersion breaking and the characters come across as extras to Verra and not an integral part with full integration. Other than that the combat looks very good for its current rendition and the special effects are a solid foundation. Keep up the cool work :)

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    What you say is a fair point, and from someone who played the alpha 0 tests, I can say its an improvement over before, so all I would say is wait for the next testing phase to see the changes.
  • Options
    Thank you for the update Nagash. I soak up information like a sponge but my aspergers makes me see patterns. I annoy myself sometimes ;)
  • Options
    Glad I could help and you are right the animation is still a little stiff shall we say ^^
  • Options
    I think the current rendition says 'here i am and thou shall not pass' which i'm enjoying. I've played games like BDO and DC Universe Online which had a much more energetic and active movement style but it only felt right for DC Universe. I love Fantasy with realism and hence i'm quite hooked on Ashes at the moment. I can't wait for Alpha 2 but i'm not into Battle Royales so i wouldn't have had the patience for Alpha 1 to be honest.