Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Crossbow vs Bow

I have some basic questions regarding these two.
1. If I go ranger class, does that include both of these?
2. Will one outperform the other?
3. I have not played Apocalypse, what would you say is the benefit, pros, cons of each weaponsystem? What are their main differences?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    1. every class/race can use any weapon, so you don't need to worry about that.

2. it is hard to say really, as everything is being changed so much due to it being an alpha. my guess would be that crossbows will do higher single shot dps, but the bow is faster.

3. It's much the same as point two, mind you I mainly use the wand or the spear, so I'm probably not the best to speak on this.
  • Options
    Crossbow is all “pew pew” while a bow is all “pchang boing”.  That’s all you need to know.
  • Options
    Crossbow currently is faster until you have to reload. 
    I think the Crossbow can shoot around 5 times and then you have to reload, while the bow can shoot without reloading (duh), but it has a slower firering rate.
  • Options
    Kind of a wait and see question. I think you're trying to ask the range,fire rate, and power question here and we don't have a definite answer yet. In terms of design, a recurve bow should out perform a regular one at almost any given time but i have no knowledge of crossbows. 

I also don't know how in depth Intrepid plan to make the game as well. We all know that bows have a draw weight to them and Intrepid can easily give us a STR stat requirement for weapon usage. We know weapons aren't class or race locked but I haven't seen any mention of them being stat locked or level locked. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2018
    I hate how this forum locks up my pc.

Anyway.

On top of the other entries i'd also like to add that we can customise weapons with the right crafting profession and skill level so it cannot be said every weapon will be made equal or that every weapon will be made to the same functionalities. Everything is subject to change and all changes can potentially be implemented.
  • Options
    Bows cause looks
  • Options
    You can stir a cauldron of Broth much easier with a bow than a crossbow.
    A bow is longer too so you can slap someone around the face with it at melee distance.
    Therefore...Bow is better!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    You can stir a cauldron of Broth much easier with a bow than a crossbow.
    A bow is longer too so you can slap someone around the face with it at melee distance.
    Therefore...Bow is better!
    But couldnt you mount a bajonett on a crossbow, get some stabbie stabbie action ;D?