Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Temporary or Permanent

Please someone tell me that they said Summons will remain out until killed and not some short duration, constantly resummoning, garbage.

Comments

• Options
    I do not recall this being answered yet. But maybe someone else will remember differently. 
  • Options
    We do not know how many Summons a Summoner can have out at one time.
    We do not know the strength of the Summoned.
    We do not know whether the Summoned can be healed.
    We do not know whether the Summoned can be buffed.
    We do not know whether Summons are tiered.
    We do not know whether Summons will be on timers.
    We do not know if a Summoner can stealth while the Summoned are out.
    I don't think we will know too much about the Summoner until they specifically cover a Summoner. There are no gameplay videos of a Summoner yet and the Wiki is thin in terms of actual detail on the summoned.
    We do know Summoners can work together to create Siege Summoned Creatures.
    The main reason we lack information is because with a Summoner the Augment will affect far more than skills, it will also affect what can be summoned or if anything can be summoned at all by certain Summoners.
  • Options
    I'd like a mix.

You could have one or two different "pets" you summon permanently (say, a demonic minion and a floating sword) then you can summon things temporarily to serve as buffs, to temporarily attack something (really just a DoT with a summoning theme) or perform other utilities.

That way it includes the pets that you'd expect from such a class, but not relegating it to being just a pet class.
  • Options
    im very down to see a sword summoner, summoning a hail of swords to attack. or just having your current weapon have bonus stats has its floating by you attacking shit while you channel your spells.
  • Options
    I want a persistent strong pet. Perhaps a pet even stronger than the actual class. MMOs have screwed over pet classes for too long.
  • Options
    Undead are disposable so I don't care
  • Options
    R41D3NZ said:
    I want a persistent strong pet. Perhaps a pet even stronger than the actual class. MMOs have screwed over pet classes for too long.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Apparently the Summer will function through their pets so the stronger the Summoner the stronger the pets. At the same time i don't want a 100 verses 100 to become 100 verses 600 due to Summoner pets.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    So you are saying you are just disposable like a paper hand towel.
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    nagash said:
    But he’s strong like a Bounty paper towel roll.

He is quilted with thirst pockets!
  • Options
    Quilted to mop up that goop that undead tend to drop.
  • Options
    1 sheet of bounty cleans any mess! 
  • Options
    Yet soft where it counts?

• Options
    Please someone tell me that they said Summons will remain out until killed and not some short duration, constantly resummoning, garbage.
    I really hope that they are permanent. So sick of pet classes where you are a dot class and have temporary pets that do some damage then leave. We need a real summoner where your summon does all the damage. It shouldn't be a dot class with a pet tacked on. But on the wiki it says your fighting through your summon so that gives me hope.
  • Options
    I really hope that they are permanent. So sick of pet classes where you are a dot class and have temporary pets that do some damage then leave. We need a real summoner where your summon does all the damage. It shouldn't be a dot class with a pet tacked on. But on the wiki it says your fighting through your summon so that gives me hope.
    Yea, I read that and it gives me some hope as well. A wimpy character, too weak to fight on their own, a pact with a mighty being who shares their power with you.
  • Options
    Most likely there will be a mix between permanent summons, long summons, short duration summons and super short duration summons. 
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    nagash said:
    In a way I mean I can keep coming back you mortals cant ^^