Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Test Phase is the MMO version of the game currently in? Should I buy Voyager Pack?

I know Battle Royales are the kings of the market right now, but I have no interest in the genre at all.

Am thinking of purchasing a Voyager Plus Pre-Order pack - but would like to know what testing Phase the game is currently in, so I know how long I might be waiting for Alpha 2 access.

Again - no desire to check out Apocalypse at all, so strictly speaking of the MMO.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    I know Battle Royales are the kings of the market right now, but I have no interest in the genre at all.

Am thinking of purchasing a Voyager Plus Pre-Order pack - but would like to know what testing Phase the game is currently in, so I know how long I might be waiting for Alpha 2 access.

Again - no desire to check out Apocalypse at all, so strictly speaking of the MMO.

Alpha 0.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    The true testing phase  of the alpha is alpha 1. that's when we will have all of the core classes and MMO additions

Alpha 1
    Alpha 1 Phase 2 renamed
    Part of Kickstarter Packages "Braver of Worlds" and higher
    No NDA 
    There will be a test period before Alpha One for A1
    Will include the kickstarter backers at the Braver of Worlds Tier and higher.
    Intrepid does internal testing and QA testing. Eventually, Intrepid does a soft roll out. That's the alpha of A1.
    Will probably start with time slots, until stability is worked out, then will go into longer form, eventually having several weeks of consistent play at the end of A1 testing.
    Trying to have controller support in for a1p1
    Planned: Beginning of the second quarter of 2019
    Progression to level 20
    Nodes will be fully functional and progress to level 3.
    Includes shops, government, freeholds, Crafting![
    Four out of nine races available
    All eight base classes available
    Character creation suite
    25% of the total world space implemented
    Concurrent server population 10,000
    2-3 Servers
    Access will only be granted to Alpha One Backers
  • Options
    @nagash

Thank you so much for the prompt response - according to that information, looks like Voyager backers wouldn't get into the game until about a year from now?  Guess I will hold off then, got burnt by putting $$$$ early into Crowfall and then it shifted strategies and burnt all early backers.

• Options
    Happy to help ^^
  • Options
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Release_schedule hope this helps a bit since nagash already provided most of the information

Since it is a testing phase it's going to be a stress inducing experience so if you ever plan to get into it don't do so thinking you won't be tearing your hair out 'w'