Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Wasn't able to play

Was i the only one that had so many issues with logging in and Q times, where i was unable to play at all? Feeling kinda scammed that i payed the amount i did to not get what was on the package description...

Comments

• Options
    I mean if you payed just to play earlier and didn't expect that this could happen then thats kinda on you. Its and alpha and the purpose was for them to gather data and test their systems. Don't think your going to get much people agreeing with you that they felt scammed. :/
  • Options
    Fair, i suppose just unfortunate i was unable to play. Maybe if i got a heads up, or a warning id say okay just under the impression if it is in the description you kind of expect it.
  • Options
    Well Alpha's are by definition used for testing purposes so what was in the discription is correct. If they had advertised it as a demo then you would be correct, but hey look on the bright side, they will probably release it to everyone soon so you wont have to wait too long to play.
  • Options
    Heads up. This is Alpha expect everything and anything to go wrong.  

Hope this helps for future tests. 
  • Options
    Thank you both, had no idea. Also very true MadRogue, pretty excited for that.
  • Options
    Kaelathor said:
    If you're not already on the discord, I'd suggest you do so. In the a1 stress test channels, you'll be able to see when the servers are live and when they are put down for maintenance :)
  • Options
    This is testing. If you paid just to play the game, you wasted your money. You are paying to test a game that is buggy, broken and full of issues. The goal is to test and TRY to get into the game to figure out those issues so they can be resolved. You're not always going to play the game or even get in. That's part of the testing. Everyone seems to come into the game after buying the packages thinking that they get to play the game and have fun, there really isn't a game yet. Your here to test not be, "herp da derp, I've won a BR! Game plays like crap, 3/10, wouldn't recommend!"

This is testing! Testing =/= playing a game. 
  • Options
    I've had a similar issue as well, though in my case I keep encountering the UE4-APOC bug which has allowed me to visit the lobby once within the 2+ months I've been trying to get in.

Little I can do aside from submit my bug report and wait for the devs to address the issue.

Trust me, I understand your frustration, but this is what Alpha testing is all about.

Make sure you submit a detailed bug report so that your input can help the devs make a better version next time. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    How do you think all the EU players feel that cant play till 5 am :P
  • Options
    BCGiant said:
    Or playing on a US server with horrific ping 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    BCGiant said:
    Or playing on a US server with horrific ping 
    Eh thankfully I have good ping even in the US though my computer could use an upgrade....
  • Options
    I personally didn't get to play either, the times were bad for me and I had to re-install almost 10 times over the 2 days followed by the game crashing a few times and some more re-installs then my pc froze when I got it to run, when I finally got in I was stuck in the queue until testing ended (yes I had the right mode and region 'w') it's nothing unexpected you really need to remember that this is a testing phase and the very fact that you can't get in is in fact testing :3
  • Options
    I'm not too down on it but I couldn't log in at all despite being to patch the launcher but hey its Alpha so it's cool. When I will be sad is when Alpha 2 rolls out and I am unable to log in or something D:
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    I haven't been able to get past the lobby this past week, and yesterday, I had to re-install and never got past 16%.  But it's an Alpha and even your failures somehow help; so you suck it up. :p 
  • Options
    I can’t play either, but I at least got in the queue to help them stress test which made me happy.

Remember there’s no real game at this stage.  We have a cobbled-together Battle Royale stand-in for the real game that has some elements of the game but isn’t even close to the real AoC experience.

I've been able to get into actual matches in the past during alpha and they’re not very fun.  Bug-ridden, bad performance, then you get practically one-shot by someone you never even see, then back into a long queue.

But the point isn’t to have fun.  It’s to test.  It’s to find bugs and see how much the servers can handle.  Real fun won’t come until later when we have more of the real game available.
  • Options
    Actually a pretty typical Alpha from what I've expirenced in the past. I did early Alpha for SWTOR and half the time I was scheduled to test was spent in a loading screen.

And that was a AAA studio. This was also much further along in the development schedule as well. Some games release without getting their server stability or log in servers squared away. 

I'm not all that worried about not being able to test due to not being able to log in so much as being gone or at work during the test window :(
  • Options
    Kaelathor said:
    If you're not already on the discord, I'd suggest you do so. In the a1 stress test channels, you'll be able to see when the servers are live and when they are put down for maintenance :)
    No idea where to get into their discord.
  • Options
    Kaelathor said:
    Kaelathor said:
    No idea where to get into their discord.
    You can just Google "Ashes of Creation Discord".  It's the top result.  I know Googling stuff is difficult though so here's a link:
    https://discordapp.com/invite/ashesofcreation