Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How about graphics?

Really curious to know if the game is gonna get a graphical boost at launch or around beta testing. It looks great already especially from what was shown when this game was first announced, and graphics aren't everything but they do make the experience a lot better roleplay wise or just enjoying the quest from point A to B that's probably why black desert can't seem to die even though it is void of any other mmorpg qualities other than its amazing scenery

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Really curious to know if the game is gonna get a graphical boost at launch or around beta testing. It looks great already especially from what was shown when this game was first announced, and graphics aren't everything but they do make the experience a lot better roleplay wise or just enjoying the quest from point A to B that's probably why black desert can't seem to die even though it is void of any other mmorpg qualities other than its amazing scenery

The graphics have to be good enough. The artstyle is what matters.

That said, God hand has terrible graphics but has amazing gameplay and so much personality. Graphics just become irrelevant at that point.

And you always have to consider the time that it was released. You can't expect a ps3 game to look like a ps4 game.

Tl;dr: not that much, gameplay and art style matter more. ;)

• Options
    Recently I tried playing GW2 for the first time.  I lasted about an hour.  The graphics were horrible.

EQ2 has tremendous graphics.  I love the scenery and how the characters move through the environment.  The GUI is great.  Everything about the look and feel of EQ2 is tremendous.  Unfortunately the game play is not.

ESO has nice scenery but I despise how characters move through the environment and how players must interact with their surroundings.  Having a crosshair in the middle of the screen and being forced to press E every time you want to open a door or a bag is just absurd.  I keep trying to press a mouse key to open a door and my toon attacks the door.  Plus there is the huge compass that cannot be moved or disabled or hidden.

I really hope AoC implements landscape, toon movement and environmental interaction (and a pleasing GUI) that is infinitely closer to EQ2 than to ESO.  As for GW2, it does not even belong in the conversation, at least not as far as those aspects are concerned.

• Options
    I'd be surprised if they didn't do anything with the graphics because as far as I know they are using a lot of placeholders even now and graphics are not something they are focusing on just yet 'w'
  • Options
    Most games do their graphical update closer to launch. Probably phase 2 or beta they'll role out graphical update to add the final product polish. They could add it sooner but as amazing the game looks now I wouldn't expect it. My guess is phase 2 as we get the options for character creation. 
  • Options
    When we hit late Alpha 2 or any of the Betas is when I expect to see the "good" stuff.
  • Options
    I don't think there are going to be a lot of sweeping changes during the beta phases.  I believe those phases are going to be used as final bug fix passes before release. We'll likely see the finalized graphics during Alpha 2
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    When we hit late Alpha 2 or any of the Betas is when I expect to see the "good" stuff.
    It's when I expect my pc to be fried to death T_T
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    New game means I have a good excuse to build a brand new computer XD
  • Options
    Arzosah said:
    T-Elf said:
    New game means I have a good excuse to build a brand new computer XD
    Already saving for a new one 'w'