Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation - Testing schedule

Since funding this on Kickstarter more a year ago (paid the $150 package), I've yet to play it even once because I either didn't get invites on time or got invites in my email that lead to a dead Launcher that wouldn't log on or logged on and then errored itself instantly. Seems like par for the course and I'd really just like to have my money back at this point.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    that may be because you don't have alpha 1 access. what you have is alpha 2 which is out next year and not alpha 1. The idea was anyone who has the $500+ packs would test first then you would test the persistent MMO. If you feel lied to I would chalk that up to you not doing your research.

• Options
    The only reason you're even getting invited to the alpha 1 test at all is because they needed more testers.  with the $150 pack you shouldn't even have access till 3rd quarter of next year. So you're getting more than you paid for as it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I'd be curious to see what invite to test you received with a $150 package. 

There was a single weekend they decided to stress test the server and let some Alpha 2 in, but that was a one time deal. If you're trying to use that now you missed the boat by about 6 weeks there bud. 

You weren't promised access until Alpha 2, do cool your jets there turbo.

You also logged in here for the first time today since Kickstarter, so I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for you when it's obvious you haven't found time to be bothered checking in on news and updates in 18 months.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Wow, honestly the title of this topic though?  Seriously why don't you look at what you're buying before you spout off stupid sh** like this.

Edit: This was in response toward the context of the of the original title (which had been since then changed by its author).
  • Options
    Wow, honestly the title of this topic though?  Seriously why don't you look at what you're buying before you spout off stupid sh** like this.
    Because some people live their life on autopilot and refuse to be accountable for their own actions.

For them, its easier cry foul and get outraged than reflect upon your life and why you are so inept at living it.
  • Options
    Since funding this on Kickstarter more a year ago (paid the $150 package), I've yet to play it even once because I either didn't get invites on time or got invites in my email that lead to a dead Launcher that wouldn't log on or logged on and then errored itself instantly. Seems like par for the course and I'd really just like to have my money back at this point.
    Wow imagine how disappointed you’d be if you actually got into one of the stress tests.  This isn’t even an actual game yet, at least not an MMORPG.  They’re mostly testing the servers and the game engine.

The real game won’t be out for a while.  You might as well order something from Amazon with Saturday delivery then call up their customer service on Friday demanding a refund from their “scammers” because your item didn’t show up yet.
  • Options
    Some people just like to bitch for the sake of bitching....
  • Options
    Arzosah said:
    Some people just like to bitch for the sake of bitching....
    I think this is just plain old stupidity 
  • Options
    This has been a fun read!
  • Options
    lol, he changed the title of the thread.
  • Options
    Based on all of your responses, you're all dumb as fuck kids. 
  • Options
    Says the fool who don't know what he was buying.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Says the fool who don't know what he was buying.
    Says the fool who says it would be Alpha 2 next year, but at the bottom says December 2018, which is literally right now. You're an idiot.
  • Options
    What it says is. The estimated delivery is December of this year that means the first features of the game should be out e.g alpha1. And as we all know 2 comes after 1
  • Options
    If you've followed the development at all you'd know that alpha 2 wasn't planned until 2019.  That was said during the kickstarter and beyond.
  • Options
    As well all know, this is called false advertising and grounds for being sued. But, you pretend you know what you're talking about. That's fine, too. 
  • Options
    Arzosah said:
    If you've followed the development at all you'd know that alpha 2 wasn't planned until 2019.  That was said during the kickstarter and beyond.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    As well all know, this is called false advertising and grounds for being sued. But, you pretend you know what you're talking about. That's fine, too. 
    Where is the false advertising? Should they have not invited you to the thing you didn't pay for?
  • Options
    Where is the false advertising? should they have not invited you to the thing you didn't pay for?

• Options
    Well good luck in court mind you I think you may want to sue your school instead 
  • Options
    WOW! I have no horse in this race, I think I am in for only like 50 bucks, but I DID get an invite over the weekend (never got in), but the most shocking thing is how toxic this community seems already. I mean, maybe he didn't realize what version of testing this is. I didn't, but i don't live online, and I just wanted to support the project. But from the looks of this thread, it's going to have a similar community to another VERY large mmo. smh.
  • Options
    WOW! I have no horse in this race, I think I am in for only like 50 bucks, but I DID get an invite over the weekend (never got in), but the most shocking thing is how toxic this community seems already. I mean, maybe he didn't realize what version of testing this is. I didn't, but i don't live online, and I just wanted to support the project. But from the looks of this thread, it's going to have a similar community to another VERY large mmo. smh.
    Clearly BEYOND toxic. And the Nagash kid has 6,000 posts. Most of which I'm sure are awesome to read and supportive of, you know, humans playing the game. 
  • Options
    or, some of us that have been following this game for a while are getting tired of seeing threads like this from people that do little to no research and then complain that the game doesn't match the image they created in their head.
  • Options
    If it's toxic to point out stupidity then yes I'm toxic. It would have taken him minutes  to research the game and none of this would happen
  • Options
    Arzosah said:
    or, some of us that have been following this game for a while are getting tired of seeing threads like this from people that do little to no research and then complain that the game doesn't match the image they created in their head.
    I'm currently following several mmos in various stages of development, and I know I get confused as to which is which and where they are, so I CAN understand when people get confused. But I will grant you, a little research helps, but not everyone has time or may, as I said, get confused.
  • Options
    Sure let's spend money on a product I've done no research into because that's a great idea.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Sorry, I don't have time to post on the forums 6,000 times or spend hours of valuable time reading through your inane drivel, Nagash. Nobody cares about your opinion, no matter how much you think it matters. But you're definitely the reason why I won't play the game, why I'll get a refund, and why I'll write about it to other gamers as to why it's a toxic community that should be avoided. Congrats on banking those bucks for AoC!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    While i agree that the date is deceiving and not sure how kickstarter displays that, that was never the intended release date of the game. That date was always intended for the alpha 1 date which, for the most part, they have met. They have always said that their shooting for a release before 2020.

@MelanieShaman I'm not sure if you saw this post before but the title was initially different and was a little more antagonistic, making accusations of fraud on the company which prompted the responses you see. Not saying the responses are justified but they were not to a thread just asking about the ashes of creation testing schedule.
  • Options
    cheerio 
  • Options
    What I think you missed was how the OP originally called this game an “elaborate scam” in the thread title.  Most of the early replies responded to this.  Obviously the title was later changed, but what do you expect when someone with severe misinformation comes into the forum blatantly accusing the game designers of being criminals?  Do you expect a warm welcome?

Of course the OP then doubled-down with insults and other childishness.

As to the OP’s claims of “false advertising”, they apparently are unaware of the meaning of the word “estimated”.  Kickstarter projects rarely get delivered when estimated.  Ashes of Creation is doing quite well in comparison to most projects I’ve supported.

Threatening to sue is just throwing a tantrum, honestly.
This discussion has been closed.