Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Apocalypse, How to sign up?

The title says it all. I am trying to sign up for the December beta, but the website redirects me to a registration/login page.

I am a Kickstarter backer, do I have to make a new account?

Comments

• Options
    Yes follow the email instructions and make a new account. Then delete old client and clear old caches and reinstall new client.
  • Options
    I don't wanna make a new account. I have my Kickstarter pledge stuff on this account. How am I supposed to pass the skins I get on Apocalypse to the main game if I play with a different account?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    In tonight's livestream Steven said that if you already have an Alpha account(I believe he meant Beta as well) you'll be getting an email in the next week that will provide instructions on how to migrate/link your account to the Apocalyspe game registration.  So for those who've already purchased a package just sit tight - you don't need to hammer the registration page today.  I'm sure there will be lots of developer clarifications as this rolls out.  (So if you want to use the skins obtained in the the public Apocalypse game on your existing backer account when the MMORPG releases - rushing off and creating another registration is going to be rather counterproductive.)

For those that were not at tonight's livestream - this has NOTHING to do with current testing in progress or more accurately it will be going on in parallel to the current testing, it's something new and separate.  A public open beta client available to everyone. 
  • Options
    you use the same email address which links to your overall account. Which is explained in the email. There will be new emails coming so wait for further instructions.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, most appreciated.
  • Options
    Hello guys,

I have a curiosity and since I don't have the possibility to support Steven's game, but i already have a account which i post on(at this very moment) and will have a few refferals today( some friends will make accounts for this very moment). Will i have to make another account ? And those refferals will still be there ? and the same thing for my friends. if they make today a account, will they have to make another one ?

Thank you,
  • Options
    What @Starvation up there said.
    Not to ignore what #Mhyth up there said but i sounded like it was towards people that paid for a pack beta or alpha, but what about us free registered users? Loging into the register page for the beta sends us an ERROR.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    There is no sign-up just an option to register a new account. Still waiting for confirmation that having a reg. account is instantly signed up for this open beta thing or not.

Open Beta means not having to purchase anything founder wise as it's just an OPEN beta. So who can clarify this ?
  • Options
    The Open beta explanation is as clear as MUD. Maybe it can be simply stated what is required. If you have a current account do you need to go make another one and why would you need to. Also if you win some cosmetics to which account do they go, how can you make them go to your old account. Confusion reigns supreme.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Please visit:
    https://apocalypse.ashesofcreation.com/
    To join the open beta and launch stated as the 18/12.
    Make sure you use your account email to register so you don't have multiple accounts. If you already have an active account from the weekend just gone i believe you do not have to re-register. Further instructions will come by email closer to the 18/12 according to the live stream.
  • Options
    Abasole said:
    Please visit:
    Make sure you use your account email to register so you don't have multiple accounts. If you already have an active account from the weekend just gone i believe you do not have to re-register. Further instructions will come by email closer to the 18/12 according to the live stream.
    No offence but did you read what everyone posted in this thread ? Everytime you try to sign up you get redirected to create a new account as you cannot sign up from within the account you are currently logged in.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    When i try to register i am told i have an account already which is precisely what we were informed. If you have an active account you won't have to register which is what i stated before. If you do not have an active account then you should register but emails should be coming out closer to 18/12 with actual instructions. This has happened for every test and should also happen for the beta release. I can only go by what the livestream stated.
  • Options
    I was also first confused about the registeration, but if all those who have already registered will get email related to sing in open beta, then i guess we are all fine. However, imo there is lack of information about the process, which is lil bit annoying. Not all registered persons are watching every live stream session. 
  • Options
    It is left to the community to update the community but i can't be more specific until i myself receive the emails that are usually sent. I can only apologise for my spread eagled entries above with snippets of information here and there. At first i thought it related to the test on thursday which we already have emails for but we are definately waiting on beta instructions to go out. We have a test at the weekend too so i don't think a beta email will go out until next week but it will be no later than 18/12.
  • Options
    Abasole said:
    Please visit:
    Well I tried that and it said 'Email already in use' so how in the hell can you use your account email to register.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Abasole said:
    Please visit:
    Well I tried that and it said 'Email already in use' so how in the hell can you use your account email to register.
    Because you are already registered you do not need to register. I understand this can be confusing for a first timer but Intrepid have us all on record and when we gain access to the game emails are sent out to the correct people. You must trust in the system and wait for the email which will contain download instructions and any other instructions which should be on or around 18/12.
  • Options
    Intrepid should make this clear on the page, it´s confusing many people.
  • Options
    Yes even I was confused because of the tests going on in the background too but i hope i have been able to clarify the points after a sleepless night lol.
  • Options
    Sorry to possibly derail, but if Apocalypse is going to be it's own entity with it's own accounts and with it's own development resources I might start worrying about the overall focus of IS and Ashes.

If you have an account here, and it's tied to KS/SB, you should already have an account necessary for all additional testing phases.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Apoc has Lore attached to it with three phases i believe. Exodus (BR), Attainment (Castle Sieges) and Defence (Horde Mode). I believe we will still use our persistent testing accounts which we established last weekend. For those newer members their accounts are yet to go live. For those with no account at all they will have to register for the beta at the site i mentioned above.

I don't know the end goal for Apocalypse but i do know it will test many more systems stemming from Guilds to escalated Class parameters (Not classes per say but class functions such as heals and support) and potentially 500,000 or more players gaining access to really put the backend systems through their paces. I believe Apoc will secure and cement the MMO spine ready for A1P2 and A2 and eventually B1 and B2 right up until the launch of the MMORPG. I'm no fan of the BR but i understand the link being forged between the BR and the MMO.

Edit: Because the Cosmetics will transfer from Apoc to the MMO Apoc won't be standalone and all accounts will have to be linked.
  • Options
    Abasole said:
     (Not classes per say but class functions such as heals and support) and potentially 500,000 or more players gaining access to really put the backend systems through their paces.

Thats 10K players per server so thats 50 servers. I hope they get that many but I think 5K will be a good amount for data gathering.
  • Options
    Well they have announced the beta publicly and there are around 700,000 users registered on this website. I do not know what their aim is but they have initiated cloud services around their current servers to deal with the masses they currently have. I don't know the logistics of their plans i only know what they are offering and wanting to achieve. A1 testers will move on to castle sieges by the end of december if everything goes to plan so i dont really know the numbers. I know Steven wants 10k servers for the MMO though but he wanted 100,000 'boots' on all test aspects before launch too.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    It would help if this website didn't suck so bad. I hate this site and these forums, horrible design.
  • Options
    Stabby said:
    It would help if this website didn't suck so bad. I hate this site and these forums, horrible design.
    Thankfully they are getting revamped soon 
  • Options
    Read the email
  • Options
    Stabby said:
    Thankfully they are getting revamped soon 
    just a matter of time ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    just a matter of time ^^
    You mean like this.
    httpsgifimagenetwp-contentuploads201710coming-soon-animated-gif-14gif