Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Ships – Classes versus Skins

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited December 2018 in Ashes of Creation Design

There seems to be a lot of skin selling going on.  I myself, like the lighter side of Ashes to include ships, building, and commerce.  I thought about the ‘work arounds’ a player might use with their respective skins to disguise their intent.  As example, can I use a small sailboat disguised as a warship?  To that end, I propose a skin/build safeguard to ensure folks don’t over do their stealth mode.  Pardon for any un-PC terms below.  Any modifications or suggestions?  Here is the general build versus skins fit:

Build Classes (by boatwright line crafter ability)  -  Skins

Very Small - Dingy, Rowboat, Raft     

Small (apprentice) - Private Sailboat, Rum Runner, Patrol Boat       

Medium (journeyman) - Sailboat, Catamaran, Explorer, Frigate*

Large (master) - Gambling Paddle Boat, Whaler/Processing, Cruiser

Very Large - Cargo/Tanker, Battleship, Cruise Liner

*   Typical skin available before launch at Ashes web site.

Comments

• I would hope that skins would not be able to disguise the type of ship, since that would imply that real world money could be used to impact game outcomes....P2W.

Rather skins could make your craft look different in fun ways, but a frigate would still be identifiable as a frigate and a rumrunner as a rumrunner.

I like your ship ideas, btw.

• Best kind of "ship" is the rowboat. 
    I cant wait to do a Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Pirates Of The Caribbean Jack Sparrow GIF - PiratesOfTheCaribbean JackSparrow GIFs
  • Given that we can only apply mount skins on the appropriate mounts I'm guessing ships will be the same and there are certain conditions to applying a skin
  • Given that we can only apply mount skins on the appropriate mounts I'm guessing ships will be the same and there are certain conditions to applying a skin
    I would have to agree with you.
  • You can ride on my dingy anytime Scrappydoo
  • They have already confirmed that skins will only apply to the matching class of ship. What is not known is how many classes of ship there are, just like we don't know how many tiers of mounts, mules, and pets there are.
  • Karthos said:
    You can ride on my dingy anytime Scrappydoo
    I need to get rid of this image