Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How many features will actually exist at launch?

Hello there, 

Does anybody have any news regarding how much of the content that has been promised, will actually be there at launch and how much will come afterwards with updates?

Comments

• Options
    We were told that all of the base game features will be in the game and that as much of the Kickstarter stretch goals as they possibly can will be in before launch as well. They said that if they run into problems  the stretch goals (some of them) will be the only content delayed until after launch, but the other features will be in for launch.
  • Options
    Wait! So things like guild wars, monster taming, all the settlements looking different based on what race has contributed the most, various types of shops, ecc... all those have been declared to be there from the start?
  • Options
    Yes.
    Only stretch goals have been given as possible 'updates' once the game has been released.
  • Options
    Here are all the stretch goals on Kickstarter:
    • Parlor Games: games of chance/tavern games between players
    • Cute Small Pets: all backers get a kitten or puppy pet
    • Group Mounts: legendary creatures with group functionality
    • Backer Only Weapon Skin: all backers receive unique weapon skins with particle effects
    • Enhanced Naval Content: more ship classes and expanded underwater environments
    • Backer Only Armor Skin: all backers receive a unique armor skin set
    • The Underrealm: Underrealm node development, fauna and flora
    • Backer Only Aquatic Mount: all backers receive an exclusive water mount
    • Social Oranizations: Thieves Guild, Scholar's Academy, Trader's Company
    • Backer Only Dye Set: all backers receive a unique set of dye colors
    • New Underrealm Race: Underrealm player race with beast like attributes, additional lore and storylines (we know this is the Tulnar)
    • Backer Only Mount Barding: all backers receive a unique mount armor set
    • Backer Only Skill FX: all backers receive variant skill FX set
    • Stock Exchange: in-depth economic performance metrics for commodities, trade routes, wars, and raids, it allows players to invest in nodes, guilds, and social organizations
    All of the items listed above could potentially not be in at launch, but added later as updates.  But if you look at the list, exactly half of the stretch goals are only going to Kickstarter backers.  The only items in the list that will benefit all players and add to the game itself are:
    • Parlor Games
    • Group Mounts
    • Enhanced Naval Combat
    • The Underrealm
    • Social Organizations
    • New Underrealm Race
    • Stock Exchange
    That's 7 items, not a huge list.
  • Options
    I think they said that we will get the Tulnar/underrealm in Alpha 2, could be wrong though.
  • Options
    I really want to believe this game will be as amazing as it sounds and IS has given me no reason to doubt them . . . but then you can look at No Man's Lie, Destiny 1 and 2, Fallout 76, and I know there are many more examples, but I have been kicked so many times by games that look great but just kick you right in the nuts when they release. I want to believe in IS, but history keeps repeating itself :(
  • Options
    Eh at least we know that Intrepid does not answer to anybody else and can do anything with their game, so if they want no p2w etc. then they just need to not implement it
  • Options

• Options
    Atama said:
    The only items in the list that will benefit all players and add to the game itself are:
    • Parlor Games
    • Group Mounts
    • Enhanced Naval Combat
    • The Underrealm
    • Social Organizations
    • New Underrealm Race
    • Stock Exchange
    That's 7 items, not a huge list.
    • Underrealm and Tulnar are confirmed and were previewed in one or more of the released videos. Most likely to be in game at launch
    • Group Mounts, Parlor Games were discussed often, but haven't seen any visuals yet, apart from - i think - a drawing
    • Enhanced Naval Combat, Social organizations and Stock Exchange: I don't remember them talking about it a lot in recent livestreams 
  • Options
    Underrealm has been previewed. The Tulnar have never made a visual appearance in any stream beyond some early concept silohouettes that have been disavowed in the months since as actually representing the Tulnar.
  • Options
    even if we don't see them by launch we will see them soon