Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

chapter lengths

I hope they take into consideration the servers might not be so stable. People have work/school, when deciding the lenght of the chapters, and the amount of time needed to play, for gaining the skins. I don't hope that it isn't just so the most hardcore players can get them all. I do get that someone who is very casual, shouldnt be able to get them all. But i think the average player should. Or average+ player.
I bet the nicest items are the one offs, or the onces for the epic path

Comments

• They stated each chapter will be 10 weeks. 
  • what Sintu said
  • What nagash said.
  • But do we know what is required to get a skin?... is it 1 quest. 5 quest etc
  • What CptBrownBeard said
  • keep it going ^
  • insomnia said:
    But do we know what is required to get a skin?... is it 1 quest. 5 quest etc
    we won't know till we see the quests really
  • what Azrael said
  • What I said
  • What did you say?

70 days should be enough for people to get through a few quests.  And you can always come back later as Apocalypse will be there for a really long time.
  • Just look at the rest of the comments...
  • Definitely what nagash said
  • Who said what? What AutumnLeaf said?

• What I said
    Bad timing.  I was trying to make a joke on everyone saying 'What … said'.  :smile:
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    We have 10 weeks to try to earn the stuff we want.
    You can do that by exploring and gathering quest items. You can do that by killing people and being the last person standing. 
    How quickly you gather points will depend on how many sessions you play and how many quests you participate in.

As usual, gathering all of the content will likely be up to the hardcore players - people who are hardcore enough to repeatedly be the last person standing in the BR. Or the people who most often win the castle sieges, etc.
    I'm gaining 400-700 xp per session just exploring.
    Which means, once xp starts accumulating:
    I should hit level 2 in 7 sessions
    Should take one or two sessions to hit the xp in the DQ1 Daily.
    Should take around 3 sessions to hit the xp in the N1-1 Weekly.

Each session is around 20 minutes, so if you play for 2 hours, that's about 6 sessions.
    So, you can try to get a feel for how many hours per week you think you want to try to play.
    We still have to get more details about what these numbers actually mean, though.

• Dygz said:
    We have 10 weeks to try to earn the stuff we want.
    You can do that by exploring and gathering quest items. You can do that by killing people and being the last person standing. 
    How quickly you gather points will depend on how many sessions you play and how many quests you participate in.

As usual, gathering all of the content will likely be up to the hardcore players - people who are hardcore enough to repeatedly be the last person standing in the BR. Or the people who most often win the castle sieges, etc.
    I'm gaining 400-700 xp per session just exploring.
    Which means, once xp starts accumulating:
    I should hit level 2 in 7 sessions
    Should take one or two sessions to hit the xp in the DQ1 Daily.
    Should take around 3 sessions to hit the xp in the N1-1 Weekly.

Each session is around 20 minutes, so if you play for 2 hours, that's about 6 sessions.
    So, you can try to get a feel for how many hours per week you think you want to try to play.
    We still have to get more details about what these numbers actually mean, though.

Thank you. This is about what i asked for. Not pointless posts
  • But it does seem like alot of gaming, just to level a little.
    What they have done with the 2 paths, isn't this partialy what Activision has gotten shit for doing with blackops 4? Though Activision add it in after the reviews. They also did so you don't just unlock/get the skins, but have to do alot of progression to actualy unlock them. They did so you could pay more money, to skip the progression to unlock them. In ashes you don't just unlock the skins either, you still have to play the game. And in the epic path you do get xp boosts. And it could seem like it might only be the most hardcore that will unlock the last skin. So you pay, and still might not get the skins. I think people have gotten so blinded by their own hype for the game, and Stevens "as a gamer". I don't care about him being a gamer. He has said it so many times now, it has lost its meaning. And just because you are a gamer, it dosen't mean you don't want to make money. You don't think there are content creaters out there, that just startet as a gamer. But after they got succes, they became sellouts, just so they can keep making money, get free stuff, get invitet to various events
  • Well, it's really testing.
    And being able to earn cosmetics will entice me to play more sessions and participate in more activities than I would without these quests.

Next time I'm in the lobby, I'll grab some screenshots of actual quests.
    Ones I remember are:
    Be among the last 5 to survive in Solo mode
    Be among the last to survive in Squad mode
    Destroy 15 walls
    Heal 50 points of damage
    Deal 500 points of damage using xx weapon

How much is a lot is subjective.
    But, no one is forced to do stuff they don't want to do.
    The quests just provide activities for us to do while we test.
    And, if some people want to pay more money for cosmetics - that's a bonus.