Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

BETA servers? US only?

Hey guys, 
will the beta server be for oceanic and Europe? Or will this be US only? Just wanted to know as im currently aussie and BR mode is was completly unplayable for me  during alpha due to latency issues. 

Is there any news in regards to this? 20-60 cosmetics to earn are all well and good but if latency is an issue its kinda pointless.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    That's a good question and I don't know the answer so I'll bump the thread a bit. I do know from the Wiki that Alpha 1 is expected to have 2-3 servers, so I would be surprised if we don't have an EU server live by Beta.
  • Options
    There is a EU listing in the alpha testing right now. Don’t think it is playable but there is a place to choose it at least. 
  • Options
    Playing today from AU and I didn't experience anything outside of the normal lag we get, just my personal experience.
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    Playing today from AU and I didn't experience anything outside of the normal lag we get, just my personal experience.
    Thanks for the insight, ill have ago today currently downloading again, i just know the last few alpha tests it was pretty much me just looking at the Scenery as i couldn't hit anyone let alone kill anyone in the BR. My many yrs of MMO's have taught me real pvp is not playable with 500 latency any being action based which is skill based will makes a diffrence its why i stoped playing BDO.
  • Options
    Rockwell said:
    Varkun said:
    Thanks for the insight, ill have ago today currently downloading again, i just know the last few alpha tests it was pretty much me just looking at the Scenery as i couldn't hit anyone let alone kill anyone in the BR. My many yrs of MMO's have taught me real pvp is not playable with 500 latency any being action based which is skill based will makes a diffrence its why i stoped playing BDO.
    Just a heads up...the servers are down at this point.  Still not a bad idea to download the launcher.
  • Options
    As far as i know the servers will be for everyone, and they aren't region locking the game either so as long as you don't tie your account to the mail.ru. my.com you can play with the NA servers from anywhere. 
  • Options
    Ive been playing today and on the US Servers im too from Australia and i wish in a party with two swiss guys and i asked them why they are not using the EU servers he said the wait times are long because everyone is using the US servers.

The ingame Ctrl-F feature brings up your FPS and Ping, The Fps looked about right but the ping said 16ms, i know for a fact i got 300+ ms playing wildstar servers based in texas so im not sure if that is accurate. 

If the sub price is $14.99 USD per month i dont think Aussies would mind a paying $19.99 USD per month for local based servers man for once if ever. 
  • Options
    Pumba2988 said:
    Ive been playing today and on the US Servers im too from Australia and i wish in a party with two swiss guys and i asked them why they are not using the EU servers he said the wait times are long because everyone is using the US servers.

The ingame Ctrl-F feature brings up your FPS and Ping, The Fps looked about right but the ping said 16ms, i know for a fact i got 300+ ms playing wildstar servers based in texas so im not sure if that is accurate. 

If the sub price is $14.99 USD per month i dont think Aussies would mind a paying $19.99 USD per month for local based servers man for once if ever. 

OCE/SEA server already confirmed

• Options
    Where can I find info on joining the open beta?
  • Options
    Spyrit said:
    Where can I find info on joining the open beta?
    18th the open beta starts just register for it and wait for the email no need to buy anything atm.
  • Options
    Register for an account
    Wait for the email
    Expect a delay
    Don't flip tables

and yes they have an EU Server in mind for the BR mode, its just another thing that is in development

Good news is they are getting that out of the way now

• Options
    Yes, there is enough table flipping going on in the AOC discord already, some basic research goes a long way such a shame the masses just don't realize this.

Honestly @Jahlon, @UnknownSystemError how you and others keep answering the same questions over and over again. Respect Guys.
    I see the same question asked directly below the answer to that very question time and time again.
  • Options
    Varkun said:
    Yes, there is enough table flipping going on in the AOC discord already, some basic research goes a long way such a shame the masses just don't realize this.

Honestly @Jahlon, @UnknownSystemError how you and others keep answering the same questions over and over again. Respect Guys.
    I see the same question asked directly below the answer to that very question time and time again.
    I have resorted to trolling some of those types of posts at this point. I am so sick of them popping up.
  • Options
    Varkun said:

Appreciate that.

It is hard to keep answering the same question over and over and over.

Didn't get a lot of work done on content today, but I probably helped 100+ people understand what's going on.   

So...my work is done.