Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

specific classes for dungeons

I remember them way back saying, that they didn't want it, so you had to brind a specific class for a dungeon. But aren't they partialy doing that, with some of the specific class abilitys. Like a cleric being able to cleanse an area. Of course you could just take the damage, unless it will kill you. But then there is the mage, that is needed for the revial of of invicible walls/doors. I would say this does so specific classes are needed for a specific dungeon

Comments

• Options
    These abilities may make dungeons easier but shouldn’t prevent completion. 
  • Options
    Sounds nice but there should also be alternatives (magic items) that allow you to do the same thing.
  • Options
    Sounds nice but there should also be alternatives (magic items) that allow you to do the same thing.
    I gotta disagree with that actually. It would lessen how unique each class is and their importance for the group. The only way to have the unique ability available should be with that specific class.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    I believe they want to encourage you to have 1 of each base archetype in a group. I thought that is why they were going for a group size of 8.
  • Options
    You will always need a bard...
    BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT OUR FABULOUS LOOKS!
    Bildergebnis fr DD fabulous bard
  • Options
    Damokles said:
    You will always need a bard...
    BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LIVE WITHOUT OUR FABULOUS LOOKS!
    Bildergebnis fr DD fabulous bard
    If we want someone fabulous, then we need someone that is similiar to Taric with his fabulous flowing hair and HAMMER OF JUSTICE!

Image result for fabulous taric
  • Options
    I gotta disagree with that actually. It would lessen how unique each class is and their importance for the group. The only way to have the unique ability available should be with that specific class.
    Well I don't mean an easy way to do it though, more like let's say a priest/cleric can purify an are full of 'death smog' which kills the living so the players can progress further however other players can through quests or rare materials maybe craft a 1 use scroll or a consumable that makes the player be perceived as 'dead' thus the smog wont affect them. I just wan't the actual fantasy part to work here and not limit what we can do with magic and other things because of classes. Though I would still want things that only specific classes can do like a bard singing to a magical forest to show the party the way through (unless they find that super rare singing bird that can lead them through 'w') etc.