Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How long will this upcoming Dec 18 "test" last

I'm hoping longer rather than shorter. Any have a rough idea ?

Comments

• Options
    Are you talking about Apocalypse? It's intended to be persistent even after launch.
  • Options
    NO...but I'm guessing from what I have learned since posting the question....that Apocolypse will last pretty close to launch,  having served it purpose of testing and getting player feedback. Correct ?
  • Options
    I think its 30 weeks. 10 weeks for each game mode
  • Options

• Options
    It is not clear or at least I have not seen it confirmed if when castle siege is released that it will replace the battleground mode in apocalypse or run along side it. The same with Horde mode. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    If you are asking how long the BR testing starting on Dec 18th is, the answer they have given is 10 weeks.  Then we start a new chapter with Castle Siege (also 10 weeks).  And so on, and so on...

Then Steven went on and corrected it to 8 - 12 weeks.  But the idea is to aim at 10 weeks.
  • Options
    Ahh...so one element at a time
    I hope crafting gets thrown into the mix soon.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Just to add some clarification to what people said.

The Battle Royal portion of Apocalypse starts on December 18th, and each chapter lasts for 10 weeks or so.  That does NOT mean the Battle Royal ends after 10 weeks.  We know that the Battle Royal/Apocalypse will persist well past the launch of the MMO as per Steven and functions as its own product.  Additional chapters will be added where you can still play the Battle Royal and will contain a new chapter with new adventure/legendary lines.  

When castle siege mode is added, it will become an additional mode that you can play.. and when horde mode comes in, it will be the third portion of Apocalypse.  As stated above its not known if during initial release the modes will temporarily replace each other, but he has already answered that Apocalypse will run side by side with the MMO with you being able to participate in BR/Castle Siege or Horde at anytime even while the MMO is running.

Apocalypse is it's own separate game that has some ties into the MMO.