Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

In Game Tutorial Please

Greetings.  I'd really like to see a tutorial walk through using the on-line GUI.  As example, picking something up.  Right now, I spawn and get whacked in Battle Royal without any time to figure out the keyboard.  Any suggestions other than 'suck it up butter cup?'  Recommend a solo tutorial with advisor mode and complete each step for the basic key stroke functions.  Cheers!  Skaff.

Comments

• Here is a good link to go through.  It has details along with screenshots (one of them is the keybind list from the game).
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/User_interface
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Dank souls fan here . . . JUST DO IT!
  • If you place your cursor over gear - a big ole E appears to prompt you to pick it up.
    And there is a list of commands on the right side of the UI.

I don't think we need a tutorial for the BR.
    Yesterday, I got 3rd place and 4th place without any combat whatsover.
    But, this is really about testing - not playing.
    Test the UI. Any gamer should be able to figure it out.

We might need a tutorial for castle sieges.
    We might get some kind of tutorial once the quests come online.
    Or just watch someone's twitch or youtube vids.

• Greetings.  I'd really like to see a tutorial walk through using the on-line GUI.  As example, picking something up.  Right now, I spawn and get whacked in Battle Royal without any time to figure out the keyboard.  Any suggestions other than 'suck it up butter cup?'  Recommend a solo tutorial with advisor mode and complete each step for the basic key stroke functions.  Cheers!  Skaff.
    I understand us older people need tutorials for just about anything including Iphones

I approve this message
  • nagash said:
    Image result for git gud

Unfortunately I just dont die...
  • nagash said:
    Image result for git gud

I can fix that
  • nagash said:
    nagash said:
    Image result for git gud

I can fix that
    You are welcome to try...ah just do be careful that I don't kill you permanently in the process.
    edited December 2018
    @Nekhara The wiki site doesn't help much for most tactile / visual learners.  I thought it would be a YouTube video walk through.  Maybe @Krojack or @SaltyGiant or @DeathsProxy could provide us their advice.  Just saying.  Someone interested in AOC can do a simple intro video for pete sake - I don't think its in the NDA, is it?  Cheers!  Skaff. 
  • Well, if you are a tactile learner, you are out of luck if you watch a video.  Visual might learn by watching a video, but just as good is the listing of keybinds to figure out what keys do what.

Do you mean that someone should make a video and describe what each key does?
    Now everyone, if you press and hold the 's' key, you go backwards.  If you would rather to go forwards, 'w' is the one to hold down.
    Even I can figure out the commands (some old people just play with things, you know how long it took me to figure out how to crouch?).
  • Greetings.  I'd really like to see a tutorial walk through using the on-line GUI.  As example, picking something up.  Right now, I spawn and get whacked in Battle Royal without any time to figure out the keyboard.  Any suggestions other than 'suck it up butter cup?'  Recommend a solo tutorial with advisor mode and complete each step for the basic key stroke functions.  Cheers!  Skaff.

Oh please no.
    if you have played any MMO or RPG then trust me its all basically the same UI wise.
    I the tutorials.
    Drop me in the world and let my brain that isn't 5 years olds figure it out.
  • So here's the add on @Grimseethe.  I am a Royalty backer and have been told by teens to do a trouble ticket and wait my turn.  Hence, I'm logging in to Apocalypse, there is no auto update, then there's a delete dll cheat message on discord, then there's a delete Apocalypse and reload, then there's delete temporary files.  Some folks are very special.  Only those will ensure Ashes goes 'Tits Up'.  Now I hired an IT person to fix all these unique idiosyncrasies. Just Sayin.  Skaff.  
  • So here's the add on @Grimseethe.  I am a Royalty backer and have been told by teens to do a trouble ticket and wait my turn.  Hence, I'm logging in to Apocalypse, there is no auto update, then there's a delete dll cheat message on discord, then there's a delete Apocalypse and reload, then there's delete temporary files.  Some folks are very special.  Only those will ensure Ashes goes 'Tits Up'.  Now I hired an IT person to fix all these unique idiosyncrasies. Just Sayin.  Skaff.  

No idea what you're saying mate.
    Game hasn't let me in 5-6 times when its asked me to test it.
    First time that's happened in 20 years of gaming.
    Devs are already forgetting the small details, like making sure people can test their game, easily without shit to deal with.

Devs are already forgetting the small details, like making sure people can test their game, easily without shit to deal with.
    Your failure is part of testing the game.
  • T-Elf said:
    So here's the add on @Grimseethe.  I am a Royalty backer and have been told by teens to do a trouble ticket and wait my turn.  Hence, I'm logging in to Apocalypse, there is no auto update, then there's a delete dll cheat message on discord, then there's a delete Apocalypse and reload, then there's delete temporary files.  Some folks are very special.  Only those will ensure Ashes goes 'Tits Up'.  Now I hired an IT person to fix all these unique idiosyncrasies. Just Sayin.  Skaff.  

Not my failure mate, there's.
  • Or just figure it out as you go? Not sure why you'd need hand holding or instructions?  Want to be number 1 on your first match? 
  • T-Elf said:
    So here's the add on @Grimseethe.  I am a Royalty backer and have been told by teens to do a trouble ticket and wait my turn.  Hence, I'm logging in to Apocalypse, there is no auto update, then there's a delete dll cheat message on discord, then there's a delete Apocalypse and reload, then there's delete temporary files.  Some folks are very special.  Only those will ensure Ashes goes 'Tits Up'.  Now I hired an IT person to fix all these unique idiosyncrasies. Just Sayin.  Skaff.  

There's = There is.

You are quite philosophical.
    edited December 2018
    T-Elf said:

Should have used "theirs" instead, don't worry Grimmy I got your back ;)