Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Naming my character...

Will I be able to custom name my character Caelen in this game?

Comments

• Options
    Caelan I meant to say.
  • Options
    Sorry that name is taken.
  • Options
    ive seena comment sometime ago mentioning  that you can choose to either have only 1 name or a firstname and a surname.

dunno if that is confirmed however
  • Options
    Atama said:
    Sorry that name is taken.
    Well thats a shame now he will have to think of another name.
  • Options
    Never post the name you want to use, someone might be feeling playful and use their name reservation to take it 'w' but yes you will be able to name your character Caelan if that name is not taken.
  • Options
    Never post the name you want to use, someone might be feeling playful and use their name reservation to take it 'w' but yes you will be able to name your character Caelan if that name is not taken.
    Well looks like I failed then ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Well who knows maybe I'll buy the royalty package just to get ahead of you ;)
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Oh you ****
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    Oh you ****
    I've always fancied myself as Nagash, the beautiful, full-of-life, female elf who likes nothing more than to support the living with water, food and love.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    nagash said:
    Oh you ****
    harsh of you to say that 'w' @Oiraeket said it perfectly (._. )
  • Options

• Options
    nagash said:

You should get more tea, I can see your calm leaving you ;) your dropping from last boss to mid-boss 'w'
  • Options
    nagash said:

You should get more tea, I can see your calm leaving you ;) your dropping from last boss to mid-boss 'w'
    That would explain a lot 
  • Options
    Is there the chance to see the already claimed names?
    Would be pretty usefull for everyone else xD
  • Options
    Damokles said:
    No names have be claimed yet
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Damokles said:
    If you mean any names that are similiar to the characters you have entered into the text bar, then that should be able to be accomplished in some fashion in UE4 by pulling the server data on character names, BUT I doubt they would do that. Instead they will most likely just tell you "Name is already taken" or something close to that if it is not available.
  • Options
    I mean the name resignation stage has not yet happened yet
  • Options
    As @AutumnLeaf mentioned, I keep track of all names forum members post along the lines of "I'm going to name / can I name my character _." My list is at 23 counting Caelan.

When it comes time to reserve my name, since I don't have one as I don't really play MMO's, Excel will randomly pick one and I will reserve it.

Good luck @Cathmor1973, welcome to the community! :smile:
  • Options
    Names should be lore friendly or gaming friendly.
    names will numbers in them or symbols will be ignored by me.
    Cant stand stupid names.
  • Options
    Cant stand stupid names.
    I can agree with no symbols or numbers but I don't want names to be "rp friendly" where I actually need to have a name for my character, so if I want AutumnLeaf to be a name for my character I hope I can do that. 
  • Options
    Not sure how some would do 'lore friendly' names if they don't start until release. I usually don't read into lore before I start playing a game because I like discovering all that in the game.

Lore forgive me when I name my character Frank the Savage, only to find out during the game that a long time ago Frank the Savage was a barbarian that slaughtered villages...
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Unless a name gets reported, and I do hope there's this option, then it ought to be that anything within whatever naming policy intrepid sets out goes.

Here's hoping that the rumour of first / last names is true (to limit the ridiculous)

Here's hoping that there is a restriction on non alphabetic characters or three + of the same in a row.
    Arnold = ok
    Arrnold, aarnold or Arnnold = Also ok (ish)
    Arrrnold = a headache 

This may seem super racist now, but I have never been able to work out... Ok I guess I've just been too lazy to work out how to do non 'English' alphabet characters within an 'English ' game and on a standard qwerty keyboard.
    So whilst non English characters for an international mmo are a must for naming options, it'd be nice to see a drop down name option if you're trying to address someone w ith a funny character in their name and there are characters with similar, un accented or differently accented names so you can select the right person without being completely unable to contact them.
  • Options
    Cant stand stupid names.
    Well that elven ranger named Legolaasss should be fine then.
  • Options
    Atama said:
    Cant stand stupid names.
    Don't forget Gądałf
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Damokles said:
    Except Caelan and T-Elf.  Those names are already claimed. You can be Caelan1432 if you want it. Oh, too late. Caelan1433 is open now.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I hate having numbers and symbols in game except for a hypen ( - ) or accent ( ' ).  An underscore ( _ ) might be acceptable, but that's it.

As a side note, T in Cajun French means little.
  • Options
    The name T-Elf will not be available because it is being used by the pointy-eared dinosaur world boss Tyrannosaurus Elf.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    I hate having numbers and symbols in game except for a hypen ( - ) or accent ( ' ).  An underscore ( _ ) might be acceptable, but that's it.

You will always be the Mr. T(-Elf) for me.
  • Options
    Atama said:
    Cant stand stupid names.
    Don't forget Gądałf
    has anyone tested out accented letters for the naming convention like è, ï, ò, ŕ etc.? I'm curious if you can use those when naming a character, some games don't allow it. I'm surprised but BDO didn't
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Damokles said:
    T-Elf said:

You will always be the Mr. T(-Elf) for me.
    OMG Please not.....I am female!  Call me Mistress T-Elf !!