Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is happening to this game???

2»

Comments

• Options
    I like my opinions like I like my coffee
  • Options
    Atama said:
    nagash said:
    Atama said:
    nagash said:
    all I have to say is

Meh
    What a strong opinion you have.
    do you think its too strong?
    Yes, it should been in all lower-case.  Capitalizing the first letter was going too far sir.
    goodness me you are right
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Karthos said:
    I like my opinions like I like my coffee

Put together by generic multinational conglomerate under some unidentifiable name... Carfish? krathus ?

• Options
    Dygz said:
    The only thing in Apocalypse that doesn't need testing for the MMORPG is the shrinking storm.
    I disagree with that. It very well could be implemented into the main game as just another mechanic to use when fitting. Not necessarily on he 2.5km scale it currently is though.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    The only thing in Apocalypse that doesn't need testing for the MMORPG is the shrinking storm.
    I disagree with that. It very well could be implemented into the main game as just another mechanic to use when fitting. Not necessarily on he 2.5km scale it currently is though.

That would be neat if they used the storm effect for one of their boss fights in one of the instanced dungeons.  A lot of games just have the bosses one-shot everyone when the timer runs out(for timed fights), but to have the environment close in on everyone would be cool.
  • Options
    Nibiru97 said:
    Dygz said:

That would be neat if they used the storm effect for one of their boss fights in one of the instanced dungeons.  A lot of games just have the bosses one-shot everyone when the timer runs out(for timed fights), but to have the environment close in on everyone would be cool.

The corruption storm could be implemented in lots of situations in the main game. Not just PvE events like boss fights or raids, but in PvP like castle sieges, etc.

As the siege reaches a certain stage the defenders have an opportunity to trigger a storm providing they have met certain conditions. The storm will start to impact the attackers forcing them to end the siege quickly in turn making for some intense fighting or risk getting wiped by the incoming storm. The attackers would also need to meet certain conditions to prevent the storm, or push it back.

It could make for an interesting dynamic to the game play  :D