Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation BR Mode Item (Boots) Feedback

There is one thing I would like to adress immediately, which is the Boot Item in BR that makes you jump so super high etc.

This Item needs to be changed / removed to be honest. I have seen more than enough BR to know that this Item makes the Mode feel even more gimmicky and it really ofsetts the mood completely. It rips all immersion out of the Game etc. I really can't stress enough that this needs to be gone. There is a pretty good reason I think, that this wasn't displayed in the Trailer aswell.

As for replacements, you could just implement some kind of grapple like it exists in Zelda and now Black Ops 4. Same purpose, but better.

Comments

• Options
    True. This high jumps are just annoying. There'll be no fights over distance. Just people which are jumping like rubber balls into you and melee you.
  • Options
    Or, at the very least, change it so that it's not quite so easy/instant to use repeatedly.

Maybe some sort of charge up mechanic, where you slow down to a crawl while charging your jump (kind of like Neo's small wind up before he starts flying in the Matrix) would at least force a tradeoff between running fast and jumping high.
  • Options
    Catfall boots have become essential with few of the other types being able to compete with them. I too find them quite annoying.
  • Options
    Don't mind it right now to be honest since we are still testing it though I do agree it should be some how restricted compared to what it is now 'w'
  • Options
    Yet everyone seems to be fine with a ranger/hunter having an ability to disengage from combat in various other mmos throughout the years by leaping back stupidly long horizontal distances. Ashes has just taken it to its logical conclusion and allowed you to leap in any direction. Remember, the abilities in the BR are variants of proposed class skills, not everyone will have them in the mmo.