Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Game Protection against Cheaters

Hi admin, i want to ask about the cheats and some illegal programs. I'm thinking to play this game and i realy hate program users(walkers and other cheats things...). How u going to protect the game/server against this things? thanks

Comments

• Options
    They are going to ask all cheaters very nicely to not play. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    It would be funny if they used some other stuff for deterrent.
    Like the character goes slower and slower until he cant move. (Would be a debuff, that cant be cleansed with death or some other methods ;D) Or they cant interact with adds, NPCs or players in any way (would turn the game into a sight seeing simulator xD)
  • Options
    Freeza13,

They are starting with the base Easy Anti Cheat source code and engine and intend to customize it by fixing all the well known problems of it in its source code with the goal of perfecting it to near bullet-proof levels.  They key point is Intrepid Studios, wont drop the base Easy Anti Cheat into the game, with all the bugs, and abandon it , they intend to patch the anti cheat whenever they find a flaw for the lifetime of the game. 
  • Options
    Anyone found cheating will be permanently flagged as corrupted
  • Options
    Send an anti-cheat group to the users house and nicely persuade them not to do it, very nicely.
  • Options
    There are multiple systems that are being built into the main systems and we only have confirmation of a couple. While EasyAntiCheat has had issues in the past, they have been relatively news free for the past year after making some changes. Along with https://www.panopticonlabs.com/ as another confirmed third party vendor they have taken more precautions than most mmos do during development. Many previous games tried adding measures after release to react to threats and ended up playing whack-a-mole. Intrepid knew that this would be a core issue and took steps from inception to minimize risk. With that said, will they be able to stop all instances of people trying? No. But they should be able to reduce it to levels that are negligible.