Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Reserve names, APOC, Alpha 1, and Races

If I heard correctly we will have name reservations coming up in APOC and Alpha1.  Will all races be available at that time? as it was said the characters will/can be carried over into the actual MMO of AoC.  I'm concerned as the name I want to reserve I do not want to use on a human or elf.  Clarification would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    The characters can be carried over to the MMORPG??
    You have a quote for that?
    Cosmetics and titles can be carried over. I don't think characters and levels can be carried over.

Races will be added to Apocalypse as they are developed.
    Name reservation will carry over to the MMORPG, but I don't think that's the same thing as characters carrying over to the MMORPG.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Levels will not be carried over for sure.

@Dygz When I get more time, I will try to find where in the Live Stream he talked about that.

• Options
    Anyone takes my name and I will lynch you with your own intestines 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Just be careful on getting too much corruption and losing your gear. 😉
  • Options
    Sintu said:
    nagash said:
    if its your own intestines  that counts as self-harm so im fine ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Sintu said:
    nagash said:
    if its your own intestines  that counts as self-harm so im fine ^^
    I need Bacon confirmation on that. 
  • Options
    How does name reservation even work? Is it per server? Per account? I would really like clarification on this so I can plan accordingly. How many characters do you get per account? A lot of unknowns
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Name reservation will be per account.

• Options
    Dygz said:

That doesn't help much. So if someone reserves a name it's gone forever? If someone goes mcknightrider and I'm on a different server than then I still won't be able to get that name? Will all my characters then be named mcknightrider? If it is per server how do you dictate who gets that name without first determining what server your going to play on? So many questions with no answers
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Nagash lynches Nagash with Nagash's intestines. Nagash dies.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Dygz said:

That doesn't help much. So if someone reserves a name it's gone forever? If someone goes mcknightrider and I'm on a different server than then I still won't be able to get that name? Will all my characters then be named mcknightrider? If it is per server how do you dictate who gets that name without first determining what server your going to play on? So many questions with no answers
    If someone else reserves the mcknightrider name before you do, you will not be able to have that as an account name. You will very likely be able to have it as a character name.
    The person with the mcknightrider account name would have that name associated with all of their character names. Yes.
    It's not by server; it's by account.

Pretty common for the past 5 or 6 years, at least.
  • Options
    Who's going to choose Tofu-Elf as a name? 
    I'm not sure if I'll use Sunfrog, a name I created when I was a kid on AOL many years ago, or U_______. 
  • Options
    Ravnodaus said:
    nagash said:
    Nagash lynches Nagash with Nagash's intestines. Nagash dies.
    True-Nagash lynches fake-Nagash with fake-Nagash's intestines. fake-Nagash dies.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Dygz said:

If someone else reserves the mcknightrider name before you do, you will not be able to have that as an account name. You will very likely be able to have it as a character name.
    The person with the mcknightrider account name would have that name associated with all of their character names. Yes.
    It's not by server; it's by account.

Pretty common for the past 5 or 6 years, at least.
    Wait, are we reserving our account name or character name? I care what my character name is, I just assumed our account name is what we have on the forums? I don't see any reason to reserve an account name, I could care less what someone has as an account name, I'm wondering if there is going to be any priority on what your characters name is? Also what would account name affect in game? If my account name is mcknightrider and I name my character Bob, am I trying to reserve Bob or Mcknightrider? Is my account name going to be over all my characters heads or something? Am I going to be running around with a name that looks like

Bob
    <Mcknightrider>

Is that how it works? 

• Options
    We are reserving account name. Typically that is the equivalent of a last name and is associated with all of the characters you create - though not necessarily always displayed if you choose not to display your account name on your character.

So, yes. Probably some form of:
    Bob.Mcknightrider or Bob <Mcknightrider>
    Bob.Dygz or Bob <Dygz>

We could both be named Bob. But the account names will be unique.
  • Options
    I just hope that no one chose Damokles already xD
    If yes... then I will have to choose... other... possibilities
  • Options
    Dang, I hate having people with the same first name.  I really hope that's not it.
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    Dang, I hate having people with the same first name.  I really hope that's not it.
    "OH MY GOD! YOU ARE CALLED xXxPussyCrusherxXx TOO?!?" 

• Options
    T-Elf said:
    Me too. That means no one has a unique name for their character. You'll have 100 Bob's running around because they'll all be Bob.Accountname in some fashion. I don't want that, I don't think anyone does. They want to be first Bob and have nothing else. Then you start getting guild names on your character, surnames and it'll just look sloppy. I thought this entire time we purchased a right to name our character not our account. 
  • Options
    If this is from the Kickstarter rewards then it should be a character name reservation, not a family name or anything like that, unless we had some other name reservations that I am not aware of (aside form the Guild name reservation).
  • Options
    If this is from the Kickstarter rewards then it should be a character name reservation, not a family name or anything like that, unless we had some other name reservations that I am not aware of (aside form the Guild name reservation).
    That's what I was thinking. @Dygz was making it sound like your account name is what you were reserving...which made no sense. Your account name is what you have on the forums. In game my account name is going to be McKnightrider, I've assumed that from the beginning. I'm talking about your character name. BDO has you name a character and if that name is unavailable...then you don't get it. However; how does that work with reservation and servers?

Lets say for example purposes I'm 5th on name reservations because I bought the highest kickstarter option the fastest. The 4th place person wants Bob as his characters name but with servers does he guarantee that name on EVERY server? Or do I have to wait for him to make a character named Bob before I can name my character Bob on a different server?! There's so many questions about name reservation and it's so confusing.
  • Options
    And now I have to add Damokles and nagash to my list, 24, 25, ....
  • Options
    The Kickstarter reward does say one character name reservation. True.
  • Options
    Is Name Reservation from highest pledged to lowest, or first eligible Kickstarter Pledge with Alpha access or?
  • Options
    Isn't it both?
  • Options
    It's both. So it's whoever was fast and the highest pledge. So if you were the first to pledge $100 on kickerstarter you would beat everyone else out who pledged at $100, but if someone pledged higher than you they automatically beat you out.

I really feel like this needs to be addressed by Intrepid and worked out. The $375 package offers name reservation still and it seems to be very unclear on how it works.
  • Options
    Basically like this:
    Kickstarter > Summer > Intrepid Packs
    Further on it goes like this
    Amount Pledge > Order Pledged

Unless the kickstarter and summer backers are in one category 'w'