Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

This thing no one has noticed yet will make you lose your head

So I'm watching the video footage of different things and I noticed something that made me say, "what"? Click Next Page 10 times to see what I saw.

Just kidding. :smile:

I hate slideshows. I was looking at the hair styles and particularly like the buns. But then..
Where are the helmets? Have you seen any helmets in the game yet? I haven't. Is that because it will mess up the customization? Is it because we want our characters to look like us? Are helmets hard to program? Where are the helmets?

I will probably try to make my character look like me instead of just a random bad as... uh, apple. Will your character look like you or are you going for the total bad apple look? Is that why there aren't any helmets? What's the point of making a character look like me then covering it up with a Magneto-like helmet? What's the deal with helmets?

Comments

• Options
    My experience with helmets(mostly from wow) is that they look really bad more often than not.  So I tend to hide them whenever possible.  But I'd have to imagine in the final MMO product we will almost certainly have helmets as it goes along with the "Realistic" armor design Intrepid has said they are aiming for.
  • Options
    We really don't have much for armor when you think about it. Everything is just generic base designs right now. Not surprised we don't have any helmets atm. 
  • Options
    The helmet problem is the same as the pauldron problem. I didnt see any pauldrons, did you?
  • Options
    Can't say I'm very fond of helmets, tiaras and crowns ? yes, helmets ? no
  • Options
    The bigger question is will i retain my wicked hairstyle if i put a helmet on and then take it off later?
    Image result for yugi muto
    A hairstyle like that for example ^
  • Options
    The bigger question is will i retain my wicked hairstyle if i put a helmet on and then take it off later?
    No ? damn this man does not know how hair works, it's obviously going to turn into a bunch of tentacles that will attempt to dominate your mind and turn you into a mindless slave.
  • Options
    @VoidShadow
    Just make the helmet invisible ;D
  • Options
    Is...Is the red part hair or is that like part of his coat? And how does he have such a passive demeanor when he has this gangsta ass look of chains, jean jacket and multi-colored hair dye with enough spikes to win ever match of, "whose the protagonist?!" 
  • Options
    @McKnightrider
    The "red" part are part of his hair stile i think xD
    And he looks like a little bubbele because he has two personalities insode of him :D 
    Bildergebnis fr yu gi oh pharao
  • Options
    Just give me a mask
  • Options
    It would be incredibly foolish and lore breaking if they didn't add helmets.
    Do they expect us to believe the peoples of his world never discovered or found use for helmets, because it might mess up their hair.
  • Options
    Eh lack of helmets is just plain lack of common sense if nothing else. There are going to be helmets as shown by this concept. 
    Filemodular armorpng
  • Options

• Options
    nagash said:
    Just give me a mask
    Bildergebnis fr necromancer death mask
    hnliches Foto
  • Options
    I've yet to see a cosmetic without a headpiece...
  • Options
    helmets as far back as A0

• Options
    Well, heck, now I don't know if I want a helmet or a cool hairstyle. 
    If the helmet has wings or ears on it yes, if not... mm... I'll go with hair.
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Well, heck, now I don't know if I want a helmet or a cool hairstyle. 
    If the helmet has wings or ears on it yes, if not... mm... I'll go with hair.
    Why not both?

• Options
    you mortals care too much on looks and what's wrong with losing your head?

• Options
    Most of the time my characters don't wear helmets, but there are exceptions.  I like garlands, wreaths, ringlets (think LotR elfs) and other head enhancements. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    nagash said:

Havin a head is overrated.
    Look at Dullahans! They can throw their heads at their enemies! :D
  • Options
    Damokles said:
    nagash said:

I use mine as ammo for screaming skull catapult
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    nagash said:
    Damokles said:
    nagash said:

Until the moment you realize the big "scary" undead lord is actually the one who invented bowling, with his own head.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Damokles said:
    nagash said:

Until the moment you realize the big "scary" undead lord is actually the one who invented bowling, with his own head.
    what can I say, its a killer game ^^
  • Options
    Since the helmet theory has been debunked I will throw this one out there. You should be more worried that you have never seen any race beyond stock human male and female in the actual game environment. Sure, we have concept work and architectural drawings of what has been called from other races, but dwarves just looked like shorter humans, orcs just looked like larger humans in the concept drawings. We have months of talk of we have these different racial styles in development, but they can't import a single racial model into the game? Start polishing the tinfoil boys, it is all just a smoke and mirrors game.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Damokles said:
    nagash said:

Attempted to find a gif for that part in LOTR where they fire heads of the dead into Gondor but i found this instead.

Image result for lord of the rings catapult gif
  • Options
    Prob. there will be helmets, but u can always hide them if you want.
  • Options
    nagash said:
    Damokles said:
    nagash said:

Attempted to find a gif for that part in LOTR where they fire heads of the dead into Gondor but i found this instead.

Image result for lord of the rings catapult gif
    Miss You LOTR GIF - MissYou LOTR Me GIFs