Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

EasyAntiCheat

Every time I start up the launcher and it looks like it wants to update I get the message "Access to the path 'F:\Program Files (x86)\Intrepid Studios, Inc\Ashes of Creation Apocalypse\EasyAntiCheat\EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll' is denied. I have tried running it in admin mode, I have disabled and shut down anything that isn't neccessary like keyboard and mouse color functions, I went to the folder and opened the setup to repair ashes of creation. Nothing will work, and I have never had this easyanticheat problem with my other games.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    I am getting this as well.  Any help for it?

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    same :(
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/comment/181462/#Comment_181462
    Geeque said:

StevenToday at 4:31 PM

@everyone If you are having an access denied error for Easy Anti Cheat, please close your launcher and delete EasyAntiCheat_x64.dll and EasyAntiCheat_x86.dll from your game directory listed in the error message. Then relaunch your launcher and update. This is from Discord Suprz

• Options
    Seems the Easy Anti Cheat found it was cheating and shut itself down.
  • Options
    that worked for me.  thanks. 
  • Options
    I followed the suggestion above. I no longer get the error message above, but the launcher doesn't give me the option to Update, just Launch.

When I do launch, I receive "File not found: EasyAntiCheat_x86.dll."

I've used Repair and nothing happened. Restart launcher, try Repair, click Launch, and the same error.

Then I went into my Recycle Bin and clicked Restore on EasyAntiCheat_x86.dll, restarted the launcher, clicked Launch, and it worked.
  • Options
    I'm also having this problem atm, I've tried the above tasks and to getting denied. Help plz