Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Question regarding graphics/gameplay

Hi there everyone,

I recently found this game via MMORPG.com and was really interested in checking it out further and learning more about it. Upon learning about Apocalypse versus the Actual game I decided to go to Youtube to look at videos.

One question I had is what can I expect the graphics to look closer to at launch? I noticed that when viewing Apocalpyse videos I am seeing a different camera angle and sharper graphics than when I view the actual game. I tried to find the most recent footage/tried googling for answers but can't seem to find anything conclusive as to what to expect as things move closer to a launch. Sorry if this is a redundant question!

I guess the tl;dr is: In terms of gameplay and style expectations should I be expecting something more like this video at launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLRG5D9CKVA

Or should I expect something closer to this at launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gpZRwPNHPc

I ask this because I have seen references to Apocalypse being a testing vehicle for features of the game so I am just trying to gauge what I could expect.

Thanks!

Comments

• Right now the game is just bare bones, they did say they will update everything like graphics and animations and so on however it is not their primary focus at the moment as there are more pressing matters (getting the actual game to launch xD)
  • Oh, awesome! So in other words what I am seeing now for the Apocalypse footage is likely closer to what can be anticipated at launch? I love the season changes and environmental stuff.
  • zoroth said:
    Oh, awesome! So in other words what I am seeing now for the Apocalypse footage is likely closer to what can be anticipated at launch? I love the season changes and environmental stuff.
    Well any 'idea' Intrepid have is what you can expect, right now everything is unrefined, also I am pretty sure the combat in APOC is slightly sped up compared to what we will be getting.
  • Greetings from Oceania and welcome to Ashes of Creation!!!