Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is it a "leak" and with the new website what do you hope is coming.

Now I know this really doesn't matter but when ever Steven says here are some leaks I always think but is it tho. The other day when I was watching the news they were talking about how Trump leaked something but then they also mentioned that the president can not leak something since his office controls what is and isn't classified. So with Steven being the CEO of Intrepid is it really a "leak" or more of a content drop, info dump, something else. Again I know all that really matters is that the info is credible and with Steven it is. This is just something I think about from time to time.

I don't know about you but the website kinda sucks IMO. I'm sure this has been discussed before but before this version of the website dies and a new one rises from the Ashes of Creation XD.  Due to this discord post from Steven I'm curious if I'm the only one pumped for the new website and if I'm not what new things do you want or issues to get fixed. Oh and since we knew we were getting a new site I recorded me going through the current site let me know if anyone would like to see a before and after or something uploaded somewhere.
My biggest issues with the site:
No mention of the 9th race that I can find or of naval combat or fishing among many other things, like does anyone remember many streams ago when Steven mentioned a tattoo system that gave permanent stat augments to your characters. If that did happen please tell me I may have misheard. These are big chunks of content that has been public knowledge for months no where to be found on the website. And minor things like how there is no name change option and how there is no link to get back to the main site through the forums which makes coming back to the main site store so I can continue to agonize over how much I want a owl bear mount, harder.

P.S. 
Happy holidays everyone I hope everyone has a Verra nice holiday season :).

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, we have seen posts like that in the past. It is becoming more and more obvious that even general fuzzy deadlines within a couple weeks of a time given are what they excel at. Specific dates and long term planning is more fluid. Nodes 3 anyone?
  • Options
    The fact he posted that in discord and not on the website is the biggest problem I would say
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    nagash said:
    The fact he posted that in discord and not on the website is the biggest problem I would say
    I totally agree. He should post on both or get the new forums to post stuff from the discord to the forums. So has anyone seen the new forums. Do we go and get our pitchforks and touches at the ready.

Image result for pitchforks and torches gif

• Options
    nagash said:
    I totally agree. He should post on both or get the new forums to post stuff from the discord to the forums. So has anyone seen the new forums. Do we go and get our forks and touches at the ready.
    I'll get the rope 
  • Options
    If they were to do anything with the forums... I'd want a dev post feed and devs that use the forums. It'd be a nice change of pace. 
  • Options
    Hey Steven love you man but I just wanted to mention if your not going to post relevant info on the forums could you at least post it in News and not ashes_discussion so I can see it. I only just learned about this because Jahlon mentioned it on his stream. Am I the only one who just learned about this? 
    Happy Holidays everyone :)
  • Options
    Loyheta said:
    If they were to do anything with the forums... I'd want a dev post feed and devs that use the forums. It'd be a nice change of pace. 
    Put it on your Santa list for xmas. It would be good to have devs on the forum. Lets hope we get a few in a few months when things in development are not as hectic.
  • Options
    Hey Steven love you man but I just wanted to mention if your not going to post relevant info on the forums could you at least post it in News and not ashes_discussion so I can see it. I only just learned about this because Jahlon mentioned it on his stream. Am I the only one who just learned about this? 
    I will say this.

I 100% Agree that Relevant Posts need to be posted in #news

I will also say that Steven is wearing a lot of hats right now, and after Wednesday we should see better communication because that's really ALL the CM needs to do is be the liaison between the community and Steven.   

In Steven's defense, he was very receptive about 

1:  Email notifications of tests (and we have a seen a huge improvement in emails going out)

2:  Notifications on discord being in channel A this time, Channel B the next Time, back to A, then C.    Steven has gotten very diligent in making sure the relevant information is where we need it.   

He will continue to improve and the CM should be Johnny on the spot with it.   

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Jahlon said:
    I will say this.

I 100% Agree that Relevant Posts need to be posted in #news

I will also say that Steven is wearing a lot of hats right now, and after Wednesday we should see better communication because that's really ALL the CM needs to do is be the liaison between the community and Steven.   

In Steven's defense, he was very receptive about 

1:  Email notifications of tests (and we have a seen a huge improvement in emails going out)

2:  Notifications on discord being in channel A this time, Channel B the next Time, back to A, then C.    Steven has gotten very diligent in making sure the relevant information is where we need it.   

He will continue to improve and the CM should be Johnny on the spot with it.   

I would say defending him at the start of ashes is fine but it been almost 2 years and that excuse is becoming thin. He is the CEO and its his job to manage his employees and its not helping anyone if you keep defending him. He needs to learn and quickly